• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

danio choprai, anybody know anything about them?

AdAndrews

I am looking for a fairly colourful, fairly hardy fish for my 60cm, it would be pretty much the only fish in the tank, and hope to have around 15 of one species.. I have seen the danio choprai, my lfs has them.

Does anyone have experience with them, or know anything? searches from google come up with good information, that are telling me they are suitable- perfect size, colourful, shoaling, hardy, but i wanted to check with you guys. :)

thanks

zig had them in one of his tanks, like all danios I believe they're hardy and easy. Temp wise I don't really know but 24 is a good starting point as danios tend to like it a bit cooler.

AdAndrews said:
I am looking for a fairly colourful, fairly hardy fish for my 60cm, it would be pretty much the only fish in the tank, and hope to have around 15 of one species.. I have seen the danio choprai, my lfs has them.

Does anyone have experience with them, or know anything? searches from google come up with good information, that are telling me they are suitable- perfect size, colourful, shoaling, hardy, but i wanted to check with you guys. :)

thanks

Adam

Have a read of the attached
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h ... CAcQ9QEwAA

Regards
paul.

I have some of these in my 60 cm and they certainly are beautiful! My tank is sort of jungly and it took a while before they became brave. That's my only bugbear with them, they were weaving in the plants for weeks before braving the front of the tank. Now they are zooming all around and are chasing and behaving like a bunch of show offs. Once the situation allows, my shoal will grow! :p

Back