• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ordering fish online.

Hokum

How many have done it?

I'm looking for Rhinogobius Candidianus, and I am unable to find any local stockists, Or any in my region! Wildwoods have some but i'm worried about ordering fish online.

Alternatively has anyone seen any in the Manchester/Northwest?

wildwoods are top class, ive ordered with them in the past, and will do again in about a week to get a pufferfish. :thumbup:

How did the fish arrive i'm assuming via courier, but what was the packing like?

the fish are sent in an over night courier service, that gets to you before 12:30(or something like that) packaging was a big thick polystyrene box, newspaper, the fish double baged, and a heat pack, they are brilliant :D

Hokum said:
How many have done it?

I'm looking for Rhinogobius Candidianus, and I am unable to find any local stockists, Or any in my region! Wildwoods have some but i'm worried about ordering fish online.

Alternatively has anyone seen any in the Manchester/Northwest?

Hello,

I have never used Wildwoods, but they seem to have a good reputation. I have however ordered from Trimar several times in the past. The only downside i would say is that you are not able to choose the fish, but if you are buying say cardinals you would not really be able to choose individuals in a shop either.

Hi Hokum,

There are a few places to look around the area. First is pier, call them rather than look on the web page.

Next try World of water in Altrincham. they had some a while back labeled as stiphadon.

And if you don't mind a bit of a drive then AZ aquatics (just south of Macclesfield /West of Congleton near the M6) has a Rhinogobius species in now labeled as stiphadon as well. I can get a pic of these as it is only about 10 minutes from work.

Further away you could try Maidenhead at telford, they often stock this sort of thing.

Rob

Back