• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim 2073 Leaking

Thanks Paul I will try that because the water seems to be coming from inside the head its self for example I leave it running for 5 mins and there are no leaks but after the 5 mins the water will start to gush out and when I take the head off there is a lot of water in the head ,I have checked all the other seals and there fine.

andyh said:
Ross

I feel for you buddy! Is this your first external?

One thing to reassure you with is that Eheim kit is generally very well thought of and well engineered.

If i was in this situation, i would do two things.

1) Strip down the whole thing and start again following the instructions and ensure everything is the way it should be. Taking my time and being very methodical. Using vaseline on all seals that they recommend and checking that they seat properly. Run it under observation and if it leaks move to step two!

2) Take photos, note parts and get in touch directly with eheim. They are always good at their customer service and i am sure they will offer far better advice than the online shop you bought it from.

Stick with it, once sorted it will be plug it in, turn it on and forget!

Andyh
Thanks Andy,No its not my first external I have had a few of them and I have never had any problems with leaking ect.I got it from Germany so will that affect the UK Customer service?

Ross said:
Thanks Paul I will try that because the water seems to be coming from inside the head its self for example I leave it running for 5 mins and there are no leaks but after the 5 mins the water will start to gush out and when I take the head off there is a lot of water in the head ,I have checked all the other seals and there fine.

Ross

These seal are not actual inside the head unit - but I would think that if they are not sealing correctly they would allow water into the head unit.

Regards
Paul.

Flyfisherman said:
Ross said:

Ross

These seal are not actual inside the head unit - but I would think that if they are not sealing correctly they would allow water into the head unit.

Regards
Paul.
So what seals should I be looking for?

Ross said:
Flyfisherman said:
Ross said:

Ross

Regards
Paul.
So what seals should I be looking for?

Have you found the tear drop shaped object on the underside of the head unit - whip the head unit off the canister and turn it upside down and you should see the tear drop shaped object - around the larger part of the tear dropped object there is a seal, to gain access to the other seal there are 4 screws undo the screws which will allow remove the tear drop from the head unit and the other seal is on the other end to the larger seal - its about 15mm in diameter and about 30mm long.

Regards
paul.

Thanks very much Paul because I did that last night and I found the smaller seal was some how not sitting in its place,so I took the whole primer set up apart carefully cleaned it and gave all the seals a good smear of Vaseline put it back together and hey presto no more leaks :thumbup: I am very pleased because I though I had lost because I was stumped but Thanks to the forum and you Paul its fine now :D

Re: Eheim 2073 Leaking/Now fixed

Guys the ruddy filter is leaking again :oops: The old Vaseline trick seems to have given up the ghost,I am wanting to get a new set of o rings for the priming housing but I can't find the part number for it.
Does anybody know where I can get them from?

Re: Eheim 2073 Leaking/Now fixed

Ross said:
Guys the ruddy filter is leaking again :oops: The old Vaseline trick seems to have given up the ghost,I am wanting to get a new set of o rings for the priming housing but I can't find the part number for it.
Does anybody know where I can get them from?

Ross

Remember this Ross

if the water is coming from around the clips its probably the head unit seal - have you made sure the the adaptor is in secure (adaptor is the part where the pipe attach and is pushed into the head unit Part No. 7428718) Parts diagram attached.

http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/bigpic ... s_2073.htm

Regards
paul

No the water fills the void in the head and then leaks out of the hole where the power cable goes in :thumbdown:
I put a new seal on it last time and the box is fine its just the damn head.

Right Guys I have had enough of this filter,I took it apart,cleaned up the seals bedded them in with some Ehiem Vaseline type gel,screwed it back together correctly but the water is still gushing out of it :thumbdown:
Really annoyed be cause its a 150 quid filter up the creak now so I think I will got for another JBL external the 1500 one because have had no problems with 900 one at all I have running ATM :thumbup:
Luckily my tank is pretty low stocked with around 20 small to medium fish so its not all bad news.

Back