• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what car are we driving?

DSC_0337.jpg

My wee beasty :lol:

She has a Mini cooper Checkmate.
I have a 4wd Toyota Tacoma with big tires.
We have 5 bicycles:
3 mountain bikes
2 road bikes

I wish they'd come out with a mostly electric/part hybrid small truck instead of those damn SUV's, I hate those damn things.
Electric motors have lots of good torque and other advantages for trucks.

They just do not sell them yet. I think they will sometime soon.the cars have gotten much larger here in the USA also, the Tacoma is now as big as a full sized truck. They claim it's for safety etc, but you can do that without making the thing 2x the size.

I'm looking for a decent replacement for my truck.
Nothing really worthwhile in this pesky market.

Even a good efficient diesel would suffice.
None of that here either.

%$#^%$%^#$^%@

Tom Barr

Nick16 said:
it wuld be cool if you knew what it was called.

lancia delta :lol:

Pick on the dyslexic day is it :lol: Sorry I put some posts throiugh word to try and catch spelling mistakes adn it does make some random changes :oops: .

Rob

Ollie[/quote]
The Galant is a real supercar is disguise! The times I had boyracers sitting next to me at lights, revving the bits off their 1.8 8V or 16V Golf engines :lol: I only had my '92 model for a short while, but the pace of it I'll never forget :thumbup:[/quote]

I always thought putting a Sunny badge on a Pulsar would be a good laugh at traffic lights. The

JamesM said:
The Galant is a real supercar is disguise! The times I had boyracers sitting next to me at lights, revving the bits off their 1.8 8V or 16V Golf engines :lol: I only had my '92 model for a short while, but the pace of it I'll never forget :thumbup:

At 375hp mine would blow off a standard WRX or Evo no hassles and happily light up all 4 wheels. Mine was a slug compared to what some of my friends had, one was a 91 galant 450hp and another was an 89 galant with 700hp :wideyed: and it was daily driven. Was yours the v6 or the 4cyl?

Regards

Ollie

V6.. I only sold it because I saw a '96 Wagon, but then I bought something else totally random :crazy: I'd still like a Series 8 Wagon at some point... Angry looking things :lol:

Tonight Cheered me Up, Some little Chav in a Corsa wanted to race and I just flew off down the Pheonix in the Chryshler 300. Never knew a 3l V6 Felt like that, and for such a big car it felt great.

JamesM said:
V6.. I only sold it because I saw a '96 Wagon, but then I bought something else totally random :crazy: I'd still like a Series 8 Wagon at some point... Angry looking things :lol:
From what I can recall the early v6s weren't as quick as the older 4s when I sold mine the guy that bought only wanted the motor for his evo7 rally car as those older motors were built like a brick outhouse. My mate with the 700hp car was still running standard internals you wont find many cars with a stock motor capable of handling that kind of power.
When I bought the Diamante it was a toss up between that and a 96 VR4 sedan my budget got the better of me in the end the Diamante was half the price they have the same motor without the turbos.

Regards

Ollie

Superman said:
I'm waiting on delivery of a brand new BMW 118d Coupé M Sport, due mid-April. :thumbup:

Currently driving around in a pool car Golf :thumbdown:

oh i loved driving that car when i had one

My monster. 5.0L 32 valve planet killer just over 120K on the clock. A fair weather cruiser.

9281.jpg

The 'lil go cart. 698cc turbocharged engine. 55mpg, 6 speed tiptronic. Nearly 90K on the clock. Owned it since new and used to commute almost 100 miles a day in it! Only just had to replace the front tyres at 88K! Got 45K out of the first set rears and its rear wheel drive! (Yes, the roof comes off in two halves and fits in the boot, bring on the sun!)

roadie.jpg

Tesco

Mini Cooper because it doesnt look like most other cars, its not big, parking in my area is a pain, its really a BMW, er and it keeps its value well and erm and my friend Julie says they are gay and well i disagreed and bought it anyway. If in the end it does turn out to be gay, I dont care I'll love my car anyway!

Ejack said:
Just followed my dream recently and went out and purchased my dream car. Ford Mustang GT 4.6 V8. She's a beast and is the only thing that makes me feel happy.

1.jpg

The things I would do to own that car!

I have a temporary old 1.4 fiat bravo now until I can afford something a bit nicer and more economical. Does a good job and iv learned to love it but I have until october when the MOT runs out and it wouldnt be economically viable to get it through its next MOT.

Dont give up. Then you can drive the LFKC all around the LFS :)

Go go go !!

As i'm only 14, i think it would be unwise for me to have a car. :lol: but my mum has a Vauxhall Zafira 1.6 petrol, and my dad has a Honda Transalp 650 and a CCM 604 Enduro. he used to have an FJ 1100 AND AN FJ 1200, but now he doesn't like really fast bikes. :( he rebuilt a classic Triumph speed twin as well, but he sold that. when i'm older i'm going to get a CCM 990 sm. :thumbup:

cheers :D

X plate Alfa 156 2.0 Twin Spark....temporarily whilst we either rebuild the engine from my Astra or change the car entirely...

Back