• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What size lily pipes? and spray bar position

junkboxhero

Hi all, silly question time.

I have just installed a Eheim Thermo 2324, i am about to order some lily pies for this. Whats size do i need to get i think i need 13mm, am i correct in thinking this?

Also which direction should i point the holes in the spray bar to get the best flow aroung the tank?

Thanks

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

My first tank http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9068 help needed

junkboxhero said:
Hi all, silly question time.

I have just installed a Eheim Thermo 2324, i am about to order some lily pies for this. Whats size do i need to get i think i need 13mm, am i correct in thinking this?

Also which direction should i point the holes in the spray bar to get the best flow aroung the tank?

Thanks

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

My first tank http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=9068 help needed

The OEM pipe is 12/16mm - 12 mm is Inside diameter of pipe and 16mm is the outside diameter so a 13mm O/D lily pipe is what you want. As for which way to point the spray bar - some poeple find it better to go from the back to the front covering the width of the tank and some people go from the side covering the lenght, I dont there is a right way or a wrong way its just personnel choice.

Regards
paul

As for which way to point the spray bar - some poeple find it better to go from the back to the front covering the width of the tank and some people go from the side covering the lenght, I dont there is a right way or a wrong way its just personnel choice.

The lily pipes were designed actually for positioning them on the side, both inlet and autlet. Actually even the distance from the water surface of the inlet is very important to give you a vortex effect which should eliminate the surface scum problem. The bottom of the intake has to be somewhere in the middle of water column. Only this position will give you the best flow...
Thats would be ideal use of lilies according to amano. Talking about spray bars i dont see a point to put them on the back wall unless it covers all the lenght of your tank.
I might be wrong ;)

Back