• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lilies in a heated conservatory

Denis C.

While on my brief travels in the states I visited the horticultural glasshouses in golden gate park. I managed to take a couple of what I though were OK snaps of the indoor pond that they had in one the largest conservatories. They had a wide selection of water lilies so I figured I would post them in the cold water pond section. Granted they did not keep fish in the pond as the staff classified them as “too messy” and interfered with the meticulous “fertilization” regime they employed to get the maximum out of the aquatic plants. I would have liked to bring in a couple of goldfish or Koi in a Wellington boot and poured them in. Anyways, about the water lilies! I didn’t get any of their Latin names but I think they look spectacular and just shows what can be done with a pond with a bit of time, research and money “ to pay for a massive heated Victorian conservatory”. Hope you like the pics.

Denis

720815572_68dca1b457.jpg

719941413_b474de8e61.jpg

719945123_de87ef441a.jpg

719951645_785da6b8b4.jpg

720831738_ff8928bd90.jpg

Great pics. The lilies are spectacular, if only I had my own heated victorian conservatory...

Very nice Denis. LOVE those shots, especially the first showing the scale of the pads. That could only have originated from somewhere in Amazonia. Thanks for sharing mate. 8)

Cheers,

Beautiful pictures.

If I had the space I'd love to get a really nice big glazed pot from a garden centre, or a chinese/japanese interiors shop, suspend a nice mercury vapour over it, and plant it up.

Would be great in a hall. Sadly, my hall is long and thin. :(

Back