• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

On the way home.

Mark Evans

Expert
I drove past this shed on the way home from work. TBH, i shot at the wrong angle. (should of been more to the left) I didn't have time, as my labourer had to get home. Using the wall as my as my aid, i shot 3 shots. The DOF is what I'm liking the most about it.

If I had time, I would of waited for the clouds to look there best. I guess this is what weekends are for. I'm starting to appreciate B&W

bw.jpg

Thanks johnny. the more i look at it the more it dont work in B&W. if the shed was more on the horizon line, it would work better. it's lost at the moment.

here's the original in colour. uncropped

original.jpg

I think i prefer the B/W, emphasises the brickwork, the colour version has a bit to much going on, in terms of colour in my opinion. The shed seems to get lost in the grass/background. All the same, a great pic.

I like the b&w more too. Something about the subject makes me think it needs a darker, moodier look and feel and the colour one seems to bright and cheery!

It would have been nice if the line of the top of the root wasn't so close to the line of the hill in the background, but that's just being picky!

Very nice shots all round! :thumbup:

I like the B&W shot too. You could crank up the contrast of the clouds, then layer it onto the existing shot. That would give a more dramatic look.

Back