• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Daniel's 60l cube

Yes, C Helferi would be great. I will look into that. Although, I haven't much fear of melting at this point as it has been 3 months already and its had some good root growth.

Root growth is with out the leaves changing form is that a plant is preparing for it become emerged again, I'm as good as certain the plant you have is what is sold here in leeds as mermaid grass but it's essentially a terarrium/bog plant.

Re: Daniel's 60l cube -UPDATE

DHenry said:
IMG_2411.jpg

hi daniel,
i may well be wrong here, but from this pic, it looks an awful lot like you have planted the java fern in the substrate which if you have it will not thank you for. if so , i would remove it and attach to either stone or wood with cotton or superglue, so the rhizome and roots are exposed.
apologies once again if i'm wrong, just trying to offer some advice!
cheers,
bazz!

Cheers for that bazz but you are infact wrong. The Java Fern is tied to a small stone with cotton thread. The Samolus Valerandi and the Anubias Nano are there to disguise this fact. Cheers for the advice though.

Hi

Java fern is fine in the substrate as long as rhizome is not burried

Ok, need some advice. Tank is going great. I have a little hair algae problem but i have it under control and its not getting any worse (thats not what i need advice on). What i am looking for are suggestions for carpeting plants. My dwarf hairgrass is doing nothing. It is not dying but it is not growing or spreading. Just to recap, i am dosing EasyCarbo and TPN+. After a few months I have narrowed my dosing to 1ml daily of EasyCarbo and 1ml every other day of TPN+. My Samulus Valerandi is growing great (as you can see from the photo, between rocks), my Java Fern is doing great and making lots of baby Java Ferns off of the ends of its leaves. I also have a random alien plant that sprouted from the substrate and is growing faster than my race car (second photo, stem plant on right in front of lily pipes)

Now I know that some people would say test all of my water parameters and adjust to suit the hair grass, however, I would like to stay as low maintence as possible and i am getting such good results from every thing else in the tank and it is so stable now I would perhaps like to try another carpeting plant. One that might work better for me. What do you think? Let me know if i've got it all wrong, i wont be offended. I was thinking maybe glosso.
IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

Back