• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 ALL GONE! HELP

chilled84

CO2 has all gone on me and i stupidly did not get my spare filled, LFS dont have any untill next thur. How can i stop my plants from going down hill until then? I have sensitive species in my tank, Blyxa, rotala, pogostimon, hairgrass, dwarth pigmy........ :( It was going so well too.

Re: CO2 ALL GONE! EHLP

turn the lights off

Re: CO2 ALL GONE! EHLP

chilled84 said:
lights are off, I have easy carbo on standby. :thumbup:
If you have easycarbo you don't need to turn the lights off ;) Just dose EC accordingly

Dude, its not the end of the world :) Nothing to worry about. Either turn the lights off or dose Liquid Carbon as already suggested. Its not ideal or cost effective on a large tank, but liquid carbon works good enough to keep the tank ticking over until you get a new co2 bottle.

ive worried about this happing to me. would it be possible too use a diy yeast mix changed every time the lights go on, just to keep it going. or is lights off a better plan

It's much much better to rely on liquid dosing than diy, diy is unstable and can cause more problems than it's worth.

JamesM said:
I double dose EC with no problems, and you've seen my blyxa, right?

I've not heard of anyone having problems with P. Helferi or Stellata either.
Sorry, didnt see your post, Yeah i have seen your blyxa, a star that scape, how is it nowadays? I loved it, bricks where a great touch. :thumbup:

Back