• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

HC not doing well...

Krishs Bettas

Its grown abit but now its stoped.
I have 1.4 wpg, Ei dosing, c02 1bps and have eco complete.
Shall i trim it?
I am stuck... :(

Krish's Bettas said:
Its grown abit but now its stoped.
I have 1.4 wpg, Ei dosing, c02 1bps and have eco complete.
Shall i trim it?
I am stuck... :(

Krish

Do you have any pictues - if its grown quite bushy - give it a trim, would like to see picyies first.

Regards
Paul

Hi Krish,

Have you got a drop checker? What are the tank specs? Flow/distribution/dimensions/wc regime/stocking levels etc...

1bps may sound ok but each bubble counter has it's own size bubbles, I believe HC thrives on CO2, so you will probably need to maximise CO2 and the flow/distribution.

There are a other considerations but CO2 and distribution would be a good starting point.

I have a 60ltr tank with a Boyu in line diffuser and the CO2 bubbles are too fast to count (maybe 8-12 per second?) I only get the D/C into the green stage and have never witnessed the yellow or even lime green. My turn over (flow) is about 25 times during lights up and 8 times lights down.

The fish tolerate it to a certain degree, I've not actually gassed any to death but I can see a difference in their behaviour when CO2 & flow is on max. I'm still trying to find a happy medium for the flora and fauna after 12+ months of injected Co2.

Here is some pic:

IMG_5798.jpg

IMG_5796.jpg

IMG_5807.jpg

IMG_5809.jpg

Drop checker is Green. Its a 60cm x 30 x 35. 600 LPH. There are about 12 fish in the tank at the moment,

Shadow said:
1.4 wpg probably too low for HC

I dont know if 1.4 is too low, i'm sure i've heard of people growing it with similar light parameters. As long as all the other parameters are good and co2 is supplied.

The light IMO looks low to me. a good bout of light co2 and ferts will kick start it, then after it's established, you can do what you want with it. it'l grow in shade, be trimmed damn hard.

this was my old tank after several bouts of trimming.

_MG_0945-01.jpg

Krish's Bettas said:
Here is some pic:

IMG_5798.jpg

IMG_5796.jpg

IMG_5807.jpg

IMG_5809.jpg

Drop checker is Green. Its a 60cm x 30 x 35. 600 LPH. There are about 12 fish in the tank at the moment,

Krish

After reviewing the pictures attached (your tank) there seems to be some new growth (light green in colour), old growth (dark green in colour), the older growth looks a bit stalky - give the old growth a trim, cut the stalks out.

Regards
Paul.

Back