• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Have any of you guys ever had this happen to your moss?

FishBeast

I had a problem with my co2 cylinder and because I live a long way away from civilisation it has been about 3 months until I have replaced it. I have had alot of algae growing on my moss.

I am wondering whether a good dose of shrimp can solve this problem or perhaps some easycarb? I intend to buy 100 shrimp which will be 11 shrimp per square foot and am hoping that this will be enough to solve this problem because the missus will be riding me if I continue to spend so much money on the tank LOL. It is a 6x1.5x2 foot tank which isnt cheap to easycarb.

102_5555.jpg

I'd agree with both of the above comments.
I'd also say I think it is worth getting shrimp (any type) regardless as they do a fantastic job of keeping moss clean.

Shadow said:
SAE will eat almost any algae but need to starve them first

SAE are brilliant algae eaters, but.... they will also eat the moss!

It depends on the moss species...
If your lucky they will leave it alone.
Chances are they will eat the tips and leave you with straggly moss (taiwan and similar).
Worst case they will eat the whole lot (leptodyctum riparium (stringy)..

will SAE and Amano Shrimps eat cherry shrimps?

Reason Im asking is it would be nice to add some fish to my nano

SAE have been fine with shrimp in my experience, I think their mouths are wrong to eat shrimp. I agree with Matt however, SAE can be prolific algae and moss eaters !

Back