• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 240L 'savannah dreaming' scape finished

Re: Saintly's 120cm latest scape

Ooo how very exciting! Are you planning on using manzi wood in this scape or are you keeping it all under wraps?

Garuf said:
Are you planning on using manzi wood in this scape or are you keeping it all under wraps?

No secrets with me dude. Yep, manzi wood will be used. I'm opting out of using stone.

A couple of varities of crypts including bullosa, moss, needle leaf fern etc etc. i'm going to also use c heferi. :D

Hi5's all round then! I can't wait to get my Manzi through. I'm starting to wonder where my tank is though, was meant to have gotten here in early January!
Where are you getting your needle leaf from? That stuffs pretty rare on this side of the pond. I'm going to be using phillipene in my next scape I think, maybe even some echinodurs breaking the surface, haven't yet decided.
I'm looking forward to a rockless wood scape!

I very much like the sound of this, sounds like my kind of aquascape - keep us updated! :)

Celestial said:
Sounds good, can't wait :D
cheers bud.

rawr said:
sounds like my kind of aquascape

i've done it for you dude :lol:

samc said:
i vote for 2x 150w MHs :D

tempting mate, but depending on the layout, 1 maybe fine, or if not the luminaire comes out to play. :D

Garuf said:
Where are you getting your needle leaf from? That stuffs pretty rare on this side of the pond.

well, i think it's needle leaf. it's the 'narrow' version which apparently, is the same stuff. it looks the same anyway.

one thing i've always been, is untidy! this time it's going to be different.

I'm plumbing in the co2, filters etc before i plant. i've drilled holes in the side for pipes and stuff and instantly i feel tidy :lol:

cleaning all my glassware now and rigging it up.

glassware.jpg

saintly said:
No secrets with me dude. Yep, manzi wood will be used. I'm opting out of using stone.

A couple of varities of crypts including bullosa, moss, needle leaf fern etc etc. i'm going to also use c heferi. :D
:wideyed: This is gonna be a good one Mark! Revolutionary rather than evolutionary I'd say. Can't wait to see it.

flygja said:
Revolutionary rather than evolutionary I'd say.

A shot in the dark. TBH, it's basically NA style. my nano has taught me something.....it's not all about speed growing. I plan to go down a more simple route. :D

This sounds like an interesting one Mark :) I look forward to following it! Sounds similar (but better :lol: ) to something I'm planning at the moment in my 60cm at the moment :D

Mark, needle is very thin, it tends to be never more than 1cm wide, normally less likes flow even more than narrow which tends to never be smaller than 1-2cm. Needle tends to be more prone to ridged leaves similar to the phillipene variaty.

Garuf said:
Mark, needle is very thin, it tends to be never more than 1cm wide, normally less likes flow even more than narrow which tends to never be smaller than 1-2cm. Needle tends to be more prone to ridged leaves similar to the phillipene variaty.

thanks for that garuf :thumbup:

So, DIY isn't my thing. I have enough of this at work! I do though, tend to be lazy with the way in which I set my tanks up. hose everywhere, nothing put away, cloths pegs to hold backgrounds etc.....

I've made an effort to keep this looking tidy.

I had the tank on some chipboard due to the fact, the tank was bigger than the stand. I never addressed the horrid line.

set-up-1.jpg

I've also plumbed in the hoses to the filter by drilling holes in the side of the cabinet. All the co2 is ready for action too.

home base is brilliant for certain things including trim. I was lucky with the colour match.

trim-1-1.jpg

trim-2.jpg

so now, just waiting for substrate and hardscape.

set-up-comp.jpg

Is that JBL equipment I see?
Are you using brown or black substrate? I've opted for black but I'm not so sure anymore. Not that anyone will see it after the plants are grown in.

Garuf said:
Is that JBL equipment I see?

only filter in let and out let. The filter is an eheim.

Garuf said:
Are you using brown or black substrate?

black columbo. it's whats in my nano, and is tremendous stuff. it's clean, holds is shape and is keeping my plants going with NO dosing or co2 what so ever.

JamesM said:
That right there is a massive improvement by itself...
That right there is a massive improvement by itself...

tis isnt it, I want to be able to plant, fill and not mess about getting everything rigged up after. :D

Hi Mark

Looks nice with the tidier gear. That JBL non-return valve is a beast! I bought one of these recently, if you're interested -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5703328002

Which Eheim are you using, Mark? Any additional circulation or are you sticking with one filter?

Plant list sound good. Classic NA with an ornamental twist; the clean and fresh looking C. helferi contrasting with the more 'natural' look of the moss, ferns and crypts. I'm sure you'll pull it off very well indeed.

George Farmer said:
Hi Mark

Looks nice with the tidier gear. That JBL non-return valve is a beast! I bought one of these recently, if you're interested -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5703328002

Which Eheim are you using, Mark? Any additional circulation or are you sticking with one filter?

Plant list sound good. Classic NA with an ornamental twist; the clean and fresh looking C. helferi contrasting with the more 'natural' look of the moss, ferns and crypts. I'm sure you'll pull it off very well indeed.

"This purchased item information is no longer available." :(

Back