• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

6wpg on a nano?

The link you supplied would be fine, I had 2x18w on an 11" cube and I loved the growth rates, I never once had an algae issue the only issue was keeping co2 good and high.

Garuf said:
The link you supplied would be fine, I had 2x18w on an 11" cube and I loved the growth rates, I never once had an algae issue the only issue was keeping co2 good and high.

so you had the 36wats on over the 5g tank? how long was your lights on for?

For the first month, 5 hours after that 8 hours. Never more. I used pressurised co2, double dosed ei, dosed liquid carbon and undertook weekly 60% water changes religously, I suspect more light would be capable but you'd be treading a line so fine even a slight co2 underdose would leave you wide open. Depends on what you want really, I personally tihnk you'd be fine, you'd need to be extremely vigilent with co2, making sure your mist is really whirlling and so on.

Yup, I'm running 36W on a 5 gallon also - never had any algae problems, but I made sure I had a good filter (Fluval 105) and a high co2 rate with a Boyu external diffuser, also dosed EI. As long as you get your co2, flow and nutrients right things should be ok.

I have the same unit over my 30l nano tank.
Growth rate is very good, but you have to watch your dosing and co2 in such a small tank small changes make big difference.

Back