• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

angel death

bazz

hi,

4379905524_e89803f132.jpg

no need fror an autopsy on this greedy angelfish! was greeted with this grusome sight when i returned from work today. i've got 4 more angels but i'm afraid they will have to go. can't have anything eating my cardinals and rummynoses!
cheers,
bazz!

Awww, poor Rummynose. That reminds me of when one of my Goldfish (Bob) ate a Corydoras, and the Cory stuck it's spine in my Goldfish's mouth. You could see the spine sticking out of Bob's chin. He was like that for about 4hrs, but I managed to grab the Cory with a tweezers and pull the spine out. Both Bob and the Cory are fine. Silly Bob.

Image120.jpg

Hiya mate,

yep, angels love those cardinals!. That's actually their natural foodsource in the wild when they approach maturity!.

Tunafish said:
Hiya mate,
yep, angels love those cardinals!. That's actually their natural foodsource in the wild when they approach maturity!.
Angels and cardinals don't mix! cardinals are better suited for Discus ;) if you want to keep large flat fish!

It is not a given, I kept cardinals rummynoses and 7 peruvian angles together for 5 years. I introduced the Angels to the aquarium when they were only 2" and even when they were 6-7" adults they never noticably ate any. Caution though, I would not have bought small tetras and added them to a tank with adult angels. Feeding regime may help aswell my fish were/are fed a few times a day mainly through an auto feeder.

Back