• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Sat Feb 20th - trip to Living Waters + MA Morden (Surrey)

cheers steve, here are some more :thumbup:

main.php

All the other tanks you see from here on in are NOT display tanks. These are just a selection of the various tanks from which you can buy fish and plants from within Living Waters...

one of the stem tanks.
this is not an amazing photo, this is an amazing tank!
main.php

and another
main.php

then there were lots of small tanks with simple but beautiful scapes in them. this is just a few of them
main.php

an unknown moss, really tiny fronds on this one
main.php

stringy moss.
its like marmite you either love it (I do ;) ) or hate it ('ugh, looks like hair algae' :twisted: )
main.php

A moss carpet and pic of me all in one go :lol:
main.php

asian rummynoses. not even remotely interested in shoaling like the 'real'' rummies. but stunning colours. the pic (as usual) does not do them justice
main.php

more moss for sale
main.php

one more post of pics to come!..

That first one is brilliant, it reminds me of the slate spoil heaps in wales! It just needs a double-farlie running through in the background. :lol:

This fella is well over a foot long
main.php

..and this is his tank. Notice the plants growing out of the tank and up the wall, and across the ceiling
main.php

and across the ceiling a bit more :eek:
main.php

and the same plant on the ceiling on the opposite side of the shop!
Thats Darren from living Waters closest to the camera. Sorry mate to shoot you from behind us just really wanted to show off your trailing plant!
Then Nelson keeping an eye on him while he picks out his plants :p
Luis is behind Nelson having a quick snooze while standing up.
Paolo showing us his best side (hee hee) and CeeJay behind him.
main.php

Thats it!

Full size pics and a few more here:
http://www.a1matt.co.uk/phpAlbum/main.p ... meetups%2F

Garuf said:
That first one is brilliant, it reminds me of the slate spoil heaps in wales! It just needs a double-farlie running through in the background. :lol:

That was one of a few slate scapes.
There was another one that really did it for me, but I just could not get a snap of due to reflections.
You will have to visit with us next time to see it Gareth ;)

I am looking forward to the next visit already :D

Bit of a trek Leeds to london! Especially mid project. If there's a two day one, then I'll be on it!

Thanks for posting the photos Matt, next time I need to take my camera too, was just too lazy!
I don't remember signing any form to give you permission to post photos of me :p

LondonDragon said:
Thanks for posting the photos Matt, next time I need to take my camera too, was just too lazy!
I don't remember signing any form to give you permission to post photos of me :p

he he :lol: I did show some leniency... I caught Rik offguard in MA and did not post that one up here ;)

I know you are only joking Paolo, but if anyone does mind having there pic up just let me know and I will edit the post to remove it :)

Garuf said:
Bit of a trek Leeds to london! Especially mid project. If there's a two day one, then I'll be on it!

Maybe in the summer... we could do a day trip, then a BBQ in the evening That way people can crash overnight and head back the next day :thumbup:

It was indeed a fantastic day out. The pictures are amazing, but Matt is right, it does not do them justice. Living Waters is breathtaking, and the display tank at MA is something to dream about.

I will for sure go back to MA before end of month, even just to look at how the display tank is developing. Living Water is kinda out of hand if one does not drive, just got to figure out how to get there.

a1Matt said:
LondonDragon said:

he he :lol: I did show some leniency... I caught Rik offguard in MA and did not post that one up here ;)

I know you are only joking Paolo, but if anyone does mind having there pic up just let me know and I will edit the post to remove it :)

He did and I knew the moment he did it I had to ask him to remove it. I think I was yawning and then I see a flash lol.

a1Matt said:
Garuf said:

Maybe in the summer... we could do a day trip, then a BBQ in the evening That way people can crash overnight and head back the next day :thumbup:

Paulo has plenty of shrimps, throw another crystal shrimp on the barbie?

I was aiming to get a pic of everyone in the group all in one go without anyone knowing they were being snapped :shh: :shifty:

You have acute senses though Rick, you turned round and you caught me just before I took it :clap:

I think it was the red flash before the main flash that made me turn round.

Next time eh :)

a1Matt said:
I was aiming to get a pic of everyone in the group all in one go without anyone knowing they were being snapped :shh: :shifty:
i'd just like to say i don't look that bad in the flesh :lol: .
sneaky git :lol: .

nelson said:
a1Matt said:
i'd just like to say i don't look that bad in the flesh :lol: .
sneaky git :lol: .

My white balance was a bit off. Nelson actually looks the spit of his Avatar :lol: :lol:
Am glad you came down mate, we all appreciated the distance you came :thumbup:

a1Matt said:
Am glad you came down mate, we all appreciated the distance you came :thumbup:
Agreed :clap: :clap:
But on the photo it also looks like I had a few lobsters for breakfast, or maybe I was hiding a puffer under the jacket (the people that were there will know what I am talking about haha).

LondonDragon said:
or maybe I was hiding a puffer under the jacket (the people that were there will know what I am talking about haha).

:lol: :lol: I can picture me and you with one half of the moss tank each and marching straight out with it :shifty: :shh:

LOL!

what a picture...... Is that a puffer or you just happy to see me Darren? lol!

Great pics guys thanks for sharing your day out great to see everyone in the flesh so to speak. Very impressive displays for shop type tanks I have to say, really good, a credit to the people looking after them. That low growing moss a few pics back looks very interesting did anyone buy any of that, was that for sale?

Back