• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm nature scape v2

This is really nice Sam :clap:

thanks very much guys :D

another update. not much has changed really, the HM is getting pretty big but it needs to grow a little more before i can shape it. i am going to have HM on the right too as i havent got hold of any other stems yet and the HM has already filled the gap, so ill just let it grow up.

sorry for the crap pic :rolleyes:

dsc03425g.jpg

thanks mark :thumbup:

there its lots of dark patches on the photo. like the bottom of the lileoplsis. its not really like that. do you know how to stop that? i have been playing and i think the white background doesnt help.

also the preview screen is totally different from when i upload it. its much more colourful o_O the HM looks really dull on here.

personally, i like the dark look. check out amano's scape with lilaeopsis....it's the same.

the HM looks great too. i wouldn't worry too much.

Really, really nice. And to think you had all that fuss when using flourescents and look at it now your on a halide!

Sam, do you have a species list for the plants? I recognise many but the crypts and that hydrocotyle have me thrown. Also, what specie of lillinopsis is it? It seems really big?

andyh said:
Sam, that looks great dude! :clap:
I bet your proud? :D

this is the first tank i am happy with. saying that there is things i would change if i did the same layout again :lol:

LondonDragon said:
Excellent Sam :) bet you dying to try something new also hehe :)

you bet :D i have a few ideas i would like to try which i have not seen on here before

Garuf said:
Sam, do you have a species list for the plants? I recognise many but the crypts and that hydrocotyle have me thrown. Also, what specie of lillinopsis is it? It seems really big?

the crypts are normal wendetii green although under this light they and more of a brown/orange the have some purple on too :D.

the hydrocotile is Hydrocotile leucocephalis and the lilinopsis is nova-zealandiae. it is rather tall. i should have trimmed it a few weeks back really and it grows back shorter. like e tenellus, but my problem is that they go well with the crypts as they cover the stems for a better transition if you get me?

for my next layout it will be mainly lileopsis but hopefully shorter :thumbup:

Sam, have you tried just trimming the front inch or so of the lileaopsis? You'll get short growth at the very front, then the larger lileaopsis will still covering the crypt stalks...

samc said:
good thinking james. do you think the trimmed ones will die off though? or grow algae

trim it to the deck. depends on how long you want the tank to last. IMO, your not far off being done 8)

Back