• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

V red Cherry Shrimp

andyh

These are a few pics and a HD video of my Super red Cherry Shrimp, decided to put these up as i cant have Paulo aka London Dragon have all the super red shrimp glory! :lol: :lol: :lol: :geek:

CLICK Here :arrow: HD Video Super reds

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Andyh

alzak said:
any special food after which one shrimps are more red??
More to do with the gene pool and selective breeding, but feed all shrimp with foods high in calcium for best results.

Hi all,
They are a form selected for colour by selective breeding, but
any special food after which one shrimps are more red??
you can maximise their colour by feeding them with a diet rich in the carotenoid pigment "Astaxanthin".

I buy the red crumb from TA Aquaculture, (which is Astaxanthin rich), and feed them the occasional boiled carrot (which are also rich in carotenoids), along with their more normal cucumber. <http://www.ta-aquaculture.co.uk/Dried_Foods.htm>.

The fish are keen on the red crumb as well.

cheers Darrel

andyh said:
more video action, cherries and crystal red shrimps lots of them :thumbup:

Some really nice ones in there :) I have seen one of the nicer reds you send me berried last few days so hopefully I will start seeing more of these nicer cherries in the tank also :) Mine are red but a more darker red.

LondonDragon said:
Andy, just wondering, have you had any success breeding the CRS?

Paulo

Yes i have, just this morning i counted some more CRS babies about 2mm! They don't breed as quick as cherries and have to be settled into their surroundings b4 they think about it.

A

andyh said:
Paulo
Yes i have, just this morning i counted some more CRS babies about 2mm! They don't breed as quick as cherries and have to be settled into their surroundings b4 they think about it.
A
Nice one, all my CRS just disappeared from one day to the next, not sure if it was the assassin snails I put in the tank, the planaria outbreak or not having a heater in the tank that caused it.

I am going to start off again and this time I am only going to keep Crystal in the tank and nothing else. The CRS will slow down there breeding if there is another species in the tank competing with them. So keep your cherry numbers in this tank low ;)

Back