• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's "purple rain' added HD vid

Re: Saintly's "purple rain' ?

They are, aquadistri and superfish are two sides of the same overall. The spectrum is so nice. My only reservation is I've never changed a bulb but they appear to be pretty difficult to do so needing a special screwdriver. I could do with another 18w one actually, none on ebay recently though.

A little steep but I'd say worth it, the quality is unmatched.

I reserve my judgement on that till I see it! I know you're a metallica fan and are all "non blacker than" :twisted: :lol:

Garuf said:
T but they appear to be pretty difficult to do so needing a special screwdriver. .

Nothing to concern, if you buy the replacement bulb you will also get the special screw driver

Tonser said:
I'm loving what your doing with the video work Mark - very inspirational.

For me I'd rather have a front-on vid of the tank on the big screen, and ditch emmerdale - that'd give a cool transition ;)

Thanks Tony. A real trial and error path for me I'm afraid, regards to video.

A wonderfully exciting prospect though.

Thinking in terms of 'video' is so different to 'still'

A little update. To be frank, i leave this tank well alone. more to see what happens if i don't care for it. The only thing i do is top up 1 per week.

it's a tad untidy, but the look I'm liking. foreground needs trimming though.

just to remind you, this tank is no ferts, co2 and low light.

IMG_9849shed.jpg

IMG_9845shed.jpg

The HM is really surprising me, as i thought it was in the 'High light' camp, but know, it's doing great...up to it's invasive ways.

Lovely.

I like the unrestrained wild feel.

Incredible for such a low-maint tank.

Super photos too, just for a change! Loving the ripples in particular. Shame the main fish is out of focus in the second shot - tut tut, Mark!

That is wonderful. I really like the unkempt look of this one.

hydrophyte said:
That is wonderful. I really like the unkempt look of this one.

neglect, rather than vison Devin :oops:

George Farmer said:
Incredible for such a low-maint tank.

it's surprised me George, thats for sure. We all Know EI works, but i'm becoming a fan of the 'low tech' side of things too.

George Farmer said:
Shame the main fish is out of focus in the second shot - tut tut, Mark!

:text-imsorry:

I think tomorrow, I'll get some better shots. the previous were taken with 1 light. illuminating just parts of the set up. another light, angled should help to catch the fish a little better.

George, you are right though. that fish looks wrong and sticks out now you've pointed it out.

i'm going to try a few wide angle shots to see how that looks. :geek:

The ripples were created by the infamous hair-dryer. It's funny how many effects you can get, and even placement of the head is actually quite important. many shots did come out wrong, just because of bad hair-dryer use.

Back