• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What/who are you listening too?

paul.in.kendal said:
Recent listening:
Nick Drake

hi paul,
being a lover of all things syd barrett, i've been reading quite a lot about nick drake and recently d/l'ed a documentary on him, a very sad story!
later,
bazz!

P.O.S's newest album is breath takingly good, if you like dark hip hop (none of that misogonist nonsense, closer to punk than anything).

Hang the bastards album was fantastic too if you like sludgey riffs.

bazz said:
paul.in.kendal said:
Recent listening:
Nick Drake

hi paul,
being a lover of all things syd barrett, i've been reading quite a lot about nick drake and recently d/l'ed a documentary on him, a very sad story!
later,
bazz!
That's interesting, Bazz. I just got an authorised bootleg of early family recordings of Nick Drake. The sleeve notes (by his sister and childhood friends) suggests he was much less of the mysterious, isolated depressive than has been claimed by others since his death. Still sad, I suppose, but lots of people suffer from clinical depression. Incredible music, though.

SteveUK said:
stuworrall said:
I've been listening to a lot of Bat for Lashes. Slightly weird name for an interesting artist. She's got a great voice though :)

I saw Natasha Khan when Bats for Lashes were supporting Radiohead. She does have a great voice, but I thought their performance was a bit ordinary. Radiohead were a different matter.

At the moment, I am mostly listening to The Clash....not that I ever stopped. Jimi Hendrix and Talking Heads are on my current list, too.

Oh, and Elbow, by the way.

Dave.

Dave Spencer said:
I saw Natasha Khan when Bats for Lashes were supporting Radiohead. She does have a great voice, but I thought their performance was a bit ordinary. Radiohead were a different matter.

my thoughts exactly, saw her warm up for r'head too

rgds

Ive been listening to "Shaddap You Face" - Joe Dolce, lately, cant get the song out of my head :crazy:

AdAndrews said:
Ive been listening to "Shaddap You Face" - Joe Dolce, lately, cant get the song out of my head :crazy:
thats got to be older than you :lol: .stopped ultravox getting to no1 with vienna :(
am i that old :wideyed: .

subfocus are now on entershikari's record label. One of my friends here in leeds goes by the name of cvlt and he's good friends with a lot of the bouncier DandB djs. The scene's pretty strong at the moment, Trolly snatcher are good live so's rusko and capser et al.

None of them have a thing on Rise and Fall or Shipwrecked A D though. :twisted:

Have been listening to a track by Massive Attack, from their new album "Heligoland". Not to bothered about most of the album, but one track called "Paradise Circus" is great :) Has a bit of a sleazy feel to it.

Kerrang! Radio via freeview (channel 722), hooked up to 2 Yamaha amps running to Mission m34i floorstanders and 2 Wharfdale 100W subs Why would you listen to anything else? (yes I'm detached!)

Tesco

New Jimi Hendrix album :)

jimi-hendrix-von-artwork.jpg

Jimi Hendrix - Valleys of Neptune

1. Stone Free (3:47)
2. Valleys of Neptune (4:04)
3. Bleeding Heart (6:23)
4. Hear My Train a Comin' (7:32)
5. Mr. Bad Luck (2:58)
6. Sunshine of Your Love (6:47)
7. Lover Man (4:18)
8. Ships Passing Through the Night (5:52)
9. Fire (3:12)
10. Red House (8:23)
11. Lullaby for the Summer (3:49)
12. Crying Blue Rain (4:57)

Back