• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

what lighting do I need for EVO 70 aqua one - novice help!!

espyderella156

Seedling
Hi There everyone - my name's Liz - I'm a relative newey to the hobby - I've a lovely planted tank (primarily elodea, anubias nana, cryptocorynes, some small light slow growing foreground plants and a red/pink (x1) plant - I really need to know which light to purchase - there is a myriad of information on the net - but, it is best to ask I think - don;t want to do anything wrong! I need to know which length bulb, type (T5 - to remain with or T8, red spectrum? ) its so confusing! I will learn I know! Lol ! Many thanks, Liz :D

Re: what lighting do I need for EVO 70 aqua one - novice hel

The EVO 70 is 135L and comes with 2 * 24W T5 i'd stcick with those and you should be able to grow anything you want. Low to high light without any need to add additional lighting.

Re: what lighting do I need for EVO 70 aqua one - novice hel

Thanks milla - I've been given so much advice (a lot conflicting at times - you don't know what to do sometimes!)
I've had the tank set up (fishless cycling) for 4 weeks, yesterday I had to add my current fish stock from the 48litre fish box (I'd been ill last week, in a+e for half a day, and , horror of horrors- I'd left my filter switched off (disaster!) needless to say The fish (1 corydora, 8 glowlight tetra, 2 dwarf honey gourami, 4 small red phantoms and 1 very small catfish were moved into the evo. I've sadly lost a couple of glowlights, the corydora and two phantoms showing some swim bladder problems. All the others ok, and eating, water quality good - phew!
with regard to the red plant in my tank, it looks paler and less pink pigmenation in it now, I have two cheap co2 canister type diffusers (floragrow by columbo products) which I know are not easy to regulate - watch this space!!!
regards, liz

Back