• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Reducing flow on Eheim Pro 3 2071

Hi there, I have just set up the Eheim Pro 3 2071 on my tank. I have the spray bar attached to one side of the tank blowing to the other side. The problem I am having is that the flow of water from the spray bar is pushing the sand around the tank. How do I reduce the flow of this filter? Is it safe to partly close the locking level on the top?

You could do that, or you could make the holes in your spraybar larger. The water is comming out under high pressure, so if you make the holes bigger, the jets of water aren't as strong :)

Tommy

If you do decide to open the hole in the spray bar - open the holes by hand dont use a battery / main operated drill - the pipe is quite rigid and using a power tool will split / crack the pipe - better off drilling it free hand - drill between fingers and twist the drill.

Regards
paul.

tommyleestaples said:
Thanks for such a quick reply. If I added more holes would that have the same effect?

More holes would also reduce the back pressure (if that's the correct term) and have a similar effect. Just be cautious that adding too many, or opening the holes too much may have the opposite effect.

Back