• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Steve's Opti-white Nano - Ikita Kaseki

Re: Steve's Opti-white Nano (Now with water!)

SteveUK said:
Thanks guys :)

I'm starting with ADA Step 1. Not sure if this is the best course or not, as most of the AS is old and probably has less nutrients, although I have capped with about 5-10mm of new AS. I might move onto step 2 fairly quickly and see how things progress.

Hello Steve, just my ramblings. If i was in your position, i would just dose Brighty K for the forst week, let the ammonia spike do its thing, which should be quick as you have only added a small amount of ADA. Then following week start dosing the step1 etc. Just make sure your co2 is high flow rate and its getting down to the HC.

It worked for me buddy! :thumbup:

Andyh

Thanks Andy :) I'll try that. CO2 is blasting away, around 2-3bps and getting to most areas of the tank. The flow pattern seems to not quite get the micro bubbles back around to under the filter outlet, so I'll have to see if the HC suffers in the front right corner.

It's nice and tidy, just gotta sit back and let it grow :lol:

I'll echo LondonDragon, good luck with the HC.
It is a bit of a squeeze in the your cabinet there Steve, no issues with overheating, filter power cables etc ?

SteveUK said:
The name kind of just occurred to me this afternoon, so I spent 20 minutes trying to figure out the Japanese translation, and in turn the romaji :)

I reckon Steve that you've just insulted some poor japanese blokes mum instead ;)

Steve

I work for a Japanese company aka Mitsubishi and share my office with a number of Japanese speaking colleagues, so i asked them to translate.......... You don't want to know :lol:

私はスティーブを言うことができるそれは楽しみをだめにするかもしれない

それはそれを台無しにされます。ちょうどそれだ。ところで、ラブリータンク。

Back