• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 240L 'savannah dreaming' scape finished

Re: Saintly's 120cm latest scape

Very nice wood, and a crackin mound :D

do you always do it like this, create a rock mound and then add the wood, i had never thought of doing it.

Nice rock work mate.

The wood looks awesome too - real gnarly. Does it sink right away?

All the best with the process! I look forward to another saintly special.

I'm going to run a book on how long you keep this running for! :lol:

AdAndrews said:
do you always do it like this, create a rock mound and then add the wood, i had never thought of doing it.

The few wood scapes i've done, i've done like this Ad. seems the logical way to me :D Also with gumis, i work from the front to the back. placing the main stone last o_O

Jase said:
Loving that rockwork already. The wood is class.

tis nice wood mate.

JamesM said:
Bah, forget the wood. 18 pots of hc, a couple of weeks - scape done! :thumbup:

crossed my mind bud :lol: ...straight up! could have it done in 8 weeks

George Farmer said:
Nice rock work mate.

Thanks mate, my fave hardscape material.

George Farmer said:
Does it sink right away?

no mate, rather floaty actually. nothing a rock wont cure though :lol:

George Farmer said:
I'm going to run a book on how long you keep this running for! :lol:

JamesM said:
Put me down for 12-16 weeks :shh:

awww, guys :angelic: ....we could split the winnings? :lol:

The wood is very nice indeed, but i don't want to put it just because i can.

This image maybe what i go with and it may not. There's so many variations possible it's so hard to choose. This IMO is safe.

ideas.jpg

Planting though, could change things 10 fold...10 fold?.....danger mouse anyone? ahhh sorry, penfold 8)

JamesM said:
Changed my mind, that's sick! Go with it :thumbup:

:lol:

still might go with HC though in the front.

i've added a few pieces with spring the foreground, and the only plants i have to show the kind of thing i'm thinking about. maybe 3 patches of this stuff. crypts sparingly and the infamous....stem plant!

oh, moss...plenty of.

maybe.jpg

I find that when i work at speed, things work out better. maybe an hour and a half, even less and i'm done. :D

As much as I liked the first wood placement, I was thinking it needed something comming forwards, but I bit my lip as I knew if anyone is gonna see that it'll be yourself! :) I think the extra wood "completes" it, although the new bit on the left sorta bothers me a bit. I think it's how it seems to drop into the foreground substrate.

Cracking stuff :) Are you using your HD setup to check what it all looks like, like you were discussing earlier in the thread?

SteveUK said:
As much as I liked the first wood placement, I was thinking it needed something comming forwards,

Now you've pointed it out, I agree it looks much better, fuller even, with the extra wood :thumbup:

SteveUK said:
although the new bit on the left sorta bothers me a bit. I think it's how it seems to drop into the foreground substrate.

The bit on the right is the distraction for me :lol:

that stray piece of wood is the wrong way around, and it fell over! :lol: ...that's my excuse at least.

good job i've got you guys ;) thanks.

Thnaks to Devin too. sorry man, i missed your reply :thumbup:

SteveUK said:
Are you using your HD setup to check what it all looks like, like you were discussing earlier in the thread?

yep. I took all of 3 images to get to this...the ones you see. usually I'd take way more. I've placed rocks in ways i wouldnt of usually.

doh! I forgot to press record!

Tremendous rockwork Mark, and the wood aint half bad either - cracking pieces you got there :D For me I think the outer left and right bits dont sit quite right yet, but i know you'll move it all around by this time tomorrow anyway, in fact youve probably done it already :lol: :lol:

It'd be cool to see an "in situ" lounge shot with the set up, and the telly too.

Tony

Tonser said:
It'd be cool to see an "in situ" lounge shot with the set up, and the telly too.

I went to do that Tony, take a pic of the tank with the tank on TV, then realised with camera in hand...it's not possible :lol: i need to cameras!

not unless you want to watch emmerdale again?.... :lol:

a little tweak here and there, and i'll be getting the plant list together. I'm going to live with some wood placment, as i'm tryiong to think beyond the dry scape part.

I've seen the odd amano scape (dry) with some real strange placements, then in 5 months, you see what was in his head. :angelic:

ultimately, it may not work, but we live and learn.

Back