• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

570L planted Aquarium

swifty

Seedling
Hi all, just wanted to post some pics of my tank, its the second planted tank Ive done, so i still have alot to learn, but would love to hear your comments about what you think of it so far. :thumbup:

Thanks in advance

Swifty

dscf0674.jpg

dscf0670f.jpg

dscf0668z.jpg

thanks guys :) inbetween the stones is glosso (im waiting for it to bed down tho, has been tricky) and the red plant is alt rosefolia, im running dual co2 diffusers and very high light for the glosso :-S

Im just using JBL ferropol weekly fertiliser once a week, and JBL ferropol 24 everday and thats about it. Ive tried to keep the co2 as high as I can without causing fish based trauma :p Im running 5 t5 lights, 3 powerglo and 2 jbl solar tropic at the moment.

swifty

What a gorgeous setup. I agree it must be that much more beautiful in person. You might try shooting at night and darkening the room the next time you get pictures. There is a lot of glare on the aquarium glass in these shots.

Given the lower maintenance of the Hair grass, I'd suggest some nice bushy Crypts or Starougyne 049 Tropica in place of that ratty looking Gloss(?) in the midground, this would be easy to keep up on and look nice against the hair grass, and the background plants.

Gloss can work, but it's more work than it's worth for this layout.
I'd chose a more appropriate plant for around the rocks.

Otherwise the tank looks very nice.

Regards,
Tom Barr

thanks all for ur comments :D much appreciated. I did really enjoy scaping it, working at an aquatics center, its one of the perks of my job i guess :p altho i did nearly die when a customers child ran up to it and made the rocks collaspe at one point by slamming the cupboard door....kids eh

swifty

Back