• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

cryptocorynes... soo many... too many to choose from!

Nabhan Khan

so im setting up a nano and going to order some plants soon most probably from The Green Machine, but i dont know what to buy yet.
im looking for some crypts but theres so many different types,
i want ones that are green light or dark, but not really any brown/red ones.
ones that will stay quite compact and not grow higher than 15cm tall.
and ones where the leaves are not that like crinkled but sort of more rounded.

i know definately that im going to get one pot of crypt wendtii green
any other suggestions as to what to go for?
or any similar plants?
i was looking at different types of echinodorus but they grow way to big.

thanks

Hi Nabhan, the Wendtii green is definately one type that fits your spec, I like Wendtii Tropica, but this is an olive-brownish colour which you said you did not want. The other sp. you can get that stays small is Crypt. parva, it has smaller narrower leaves than wendtii, but it is bright green. The other Crypts from Tropica tend to grow taller than 10cm.

i agree with sanj about crypt parva it is quite expensive though 7.95 a pot for tropica :O ... how about crypt x willisii (not sure on the spelling)

I would not totally give up with brown crypts the attached picy show wendtii brown's on the left which are more dark green than brown and wendtii green's on the right.

Picture036.jpg

Regards
Paul.

pogostemon helferi in front of the wedtii browns, but whats in the foreground in front of the green wendtiis?

i was looking at a german website that ship plants the UK, how about crypt lucens or crypt luteas? a few more too consider :)

Back