• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 Distribution Question

tennis4you

I have a 125 gallon tank that I gave up on 6 months ago with planted tanks. BBA ruled my life despite buying extra canister filters, powerheads, pumping up the CO2, etc. That's old news though...

I have a 30 gallon tank at work that I would like to try my luck with planting. What I do not have at work is a canister filter, I have one of those waterfall filters. I have been trying to think about how I am going to get the CO2 to the tank. Before it just connected mid stream to the canister with one of those things that breaks the bubble up (forget what it is called) and off it went. I do not have that option now though.

Any other ways I can use to get the CO2 into the 30 gallon tank? Not sure if it would work well or not, but I could hook it up to a bubble wand and just pump the CO2 through the wand. That might be a horrible idea, but that is why I am here to ask.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!!!

To keep residual co2 gas within the water column a very light shimmer is required - to much surface movement will allow the gas to escape and by using a hang on filter unit you would be causing to much surface ripple and throwing water residual gas, you would be better of trying to obtained a external canister filter. As for Co2 injection a diffuser fitted with a ceramic plate will break up the gas and if you placed the diffuser by the outlet pipe from the canister filter - circulation of the gas within the water column would be good.

Regards
Paul.

Bummer. I do have an extra canister filter as I have 2 running on the 125 gallon tank which is not planted. I doubt I really need 2 canister filters for that tank since it is not planted.

From there I would just connect the diffuser to the outlet pipe like I use to and just move that canister filter to the 30 gallon.

Thanks!

tennis4you said:
Bummer. I do have an extra canister filter as I have 2 running on the 125 gallon tank which is not planted. I doubt I really need 2 canister filters for that tank since it is not planted.

From there I would just connect the diffuser to the outlet pipe like I use to and just move that canister filter to the 30 gallon.

Thanks!

Just put the diffuser directly underneath the flow of water being emitted from the outlet pipe - use the flow to distributed your co2 gas.

Regards
paul.

Back