• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

aquaristic.net

well i thought that, but you can get 3 pots of crypt parva for the same price as one pot of crypt parva from TGM, so i think it is worth it... and other crypts are around £2.20 a pot, whereas they are no less than £5.95 at TGM.
And AE you have to buy atleast 6 pots of any type of crypt as they dont have any in stock :/

Have you looked at planted box? The hobby shop wise is in a poor state of affairs no matter how you look at it.
It's looking better though, really the shops (AE fluidsensor plantedbox) are at the mercy of the distributors who insist they have to buy 6 pots from them and as such they have to either keep extensive facilities till they're sold individually or have them coming in and gaurenteed as sold.

Yep searched plantedbox aswell the minimum order of 6 pots is off putting as i only want one :/ i wanted to buy aquafluer aswell because theyre just so much cheaper than tropica. My local MA has a small range of aquafleur plants and they said they only get a fresh delivery of plants in every 3 weeks so theyre not in good nic atall, they said i can order plants in through them but again would have to be a minimum number of pots per plant! :(

ahh just looked at postage from aquaristic.net, £11 to ship to the UK, still you get more plants for the same money. do you think plants can last a 1 - 2 week journey out of water?

No. Honestly, I'd forget ordering from Germany, it's really not worth it. Buy from Britain, corner cutting in plants will bite you I know, I've done it and ended up throwing money away and ending up with a tank full of algae. Again there's no gaurentee you'll get good products, for example I've bought pots of plants that are tiny and spent say, £9 for the pot. From it I've got say 20 plantlets. I've then bough a pot of the same plant form a tenth the price, they've seemed much better but I've only got 7 usable plants. AF are brilliant plants but the quantities thing is an issue. Try fluid sensor, I've bought less than 6 pots from them but I did buy a lot of pots.

The Aquatic Room, another sponsor, has a good selection of plants, at good prices. I don't know if they're able to order in plants at the moment-they were having a few problems setting up their new shop. I would advise giving them a ring as they're fantastic to talk to.

just gonna spend the extra money and buy tropica from TGM, i know ill get excellent quality for the price. its just much easier :)

Back