• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aquatic shop in London where ADA Aquasoil can be purchased?

Re: Aquatic shop in London where ADA Aquasoil can be purchas

The sponsors may be far away from you but they do delivery if that helps?

To Lisa_Perry75: Well to be honest I haven't actually seen any UK website featuring ADA products. And delivery cost would be astronomical I guess.

To JamesM: What alternatives would you suggest? Cheers.

Thank you all guys for your kind help!

Colombo Flora-Base and Oliver Knott's NatureSoil (available from sponsors) are preferred as they contain all the same goodies as ADA but not as much ammonia, plus you also get much clearer water from first fill, and there is no turning to mud issues as there are with ADA AS.

Hi all

I thought the Green Machine (one of our sponsors), was the only outlet in the UK, although I may be wrong on this :rolleyes:

Yes, they're a monopoly. There was talk of a few new places selling the stuff but I don't remember them ever coming to anything.

There are several shops in the UK now selling ADA products. Our sponsors are the most obvious and ready available. The others are harder to find - i.e smaller independent retailers. They are out there though!

The debate for which substrate is best is always a heated one. We can only talk about our own experiences. Mine with regards to ADA has only ever been positive. There are alternatives to suet taste, style and budget.

I dont believe there is a monopoly on the hobby any more. Things are only getting better for the hobbyist, we shouldn't knock that.

Cheers.

You can buy ADA from a couple of places now, but TGM does free shipping on spends over £60 (i think) so its worth getting a load of bits in one order. :thumbup:

Depends where in London you are based. I live in Victoria and struggle to find good LFS for other things besides substrate.

However some places if asked nicely will order it in for you. I personally use Living Waters in Beddington. Its slightly out of the way, but if you have a car its definatly worth visiting for.

http://www.livingwatersonline.co.uk/

Call em up ask for Darren.

I was there over the weekend with LondonDragon

Hi grandb3rry
grandb3rry said:
I have been told about Green Machine, is it a web-based outlet only?

It is not a web based outlet, it is a (big) shop. The best one I have ever seen in the UK for the planted tank enthusiast.
Their display tanks are to die for. Anything and everything for the proper planted tank.
I visited there just before I set up my hi tech tank and to say I was impressed would be an understatement.
I arrived at about 11.30am and I was still there at 6pm :wideyed:
In all that time I had loads of questions and I was pointed in the direction of one Graeme Edwards. No question was too much trouble for him to answer and the bit that impressed me most was absolutely no 'in your face' sales pressure whatsoever.
I still spent a fortune in there, but it was certainly the most sound advice I had ever received from any 'aquatic' shop regarding plants. Truly impressive :thumbup: . They even gave me a lift back to the train station with all my bags and boxes :D .
Hospitality is second to none.

It is at this point I feel I should apologise to Graeme, as the poor bugger was in the middle of a 50% water change on an 1800l tank :wideyed:, (Bones of the Earth had recently been set up), so I would have thought the last thing he needed was a newbie like me asking loads of questions :rolleyes:
If it wasn't a 5 hour trek for me, I'd be in there every weekend :lol:

CeeJay said:
Hi grandb3rry
grandb3rry said:
I have been told about Green Machine, is it a web-based outlet only?

It is not a web based outlet, it is a (big) shop. The best one I have ever seen in the UK for the planted tank enthusiast.
Their display tanks are to die for. Anything and everything for the proper planted tank.
I visited there just before I set up my hi tech tank and to say I was impressed would be an understatement.
I arrived at about 11.30am and I was still there at 6pm :wideyed:
In all that time I had loads of questions and I was pointed in the direction of one Graeme Edwards. No question was too much trouble for him to answer and the bit that impressed me most was absolutely no 'in your face' sales pressure whatsoever.
I still spent a fortune in there, but it was certainly the most sound advice I had ever received from any 'aquatic' shop regarding plants. Truly impressive :thumbup: . They even gave me a lift back to the train station with all my bags and boxes :D .
Hospitality is second to none.

It is at this point I feel I should apologise to Graeme, as the poor bugger was in the middle of a 50% water change on an 1800l tank :wideyed:, (Bones of the Earth had recently been set up), so I would have thought the last thing he needed was a newbie like me asking loads of questions :rolleyes:
If it wasn't a 5 hour trek for me, I'd be in there every weekend :lol:

I hope I go there very soon! :rolleyes: I'm setting up a High-Tech tank and have got sooooooo many questions that I feel my head will burst any minute :crazy: :lol:
I guess I'll be posting them one by one on this forum :)

Thank you guys for all your help! I really appreciate it! (would buy you a beer if there was a UKAPS pub hehe.. :thumbup: )

Hi i'm not 100% sure but i see some thread from london people about trip to TGM sometime in next month just pm londondragon maybe he knows bit more than I

alzak said:
Hi i'm not 100% sure but i see some thread from london people about trip to TGM sometime in next month just pm londondragon maybe he knows bit more than I
yeah.3rd april.

nelson said:
alzak said:
yeah.3rd april.

And how would it work? Is there a group meeting beforehand? How do we get there? By what means?

Sorry for so many questions. As you can see I'm new to this forum!

Thanks

Arthur

Back