• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My First Journal! 25L Corner Tank

rad89

Actually, I lied, it's my first fish tank, planted or unplanted!!

A very kind soul recently advised me to create a journal after answering a few questions I had, and well, here I am.

Fundamentals:

Aquarium: 25L (6.6USG) Corner Tank.
Lighting: 1x 8W (1.21 WPG)
Filtration: Sponge Filter with TetraTec APS 50 Airpump
Heating: Interpet 25 Watt
Substrate: 4kg White Gravel
Additives: What do I need?
Co2: Will something like this be any good in a small 25L tank with the addition of a bubble counter? http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/tmc-aqu ... -3416.html
Plants: Not decided (Need help) Currently: Java Moss and Cabomba ordered. In Tank: Amazon sword? There are 7 shorter stems and the rest will be cut off as its grown quickly.
Fish/Inverts: Originally a Betta tank. However, I am now 90% settled on either a Dwarf Puffer Tank, Scarlet Danios or some form of Rasboras. All with 5ish Cherry Shimp.

Picture (Bear with me)

The idea is...
1) The filter attached to the tank will be removed once some of the bacteria have passed to the sponge filter.
2) Heater will be moved to left hand side.
3) A 'wall' of Cabomba inbetween Sword and the sponge filter to hide it somewhat.
4) The bogwood will be cleaned, weird vine thing taken off. Whether I attached moss to this is to be decided; I may just bin it.
5) I have around 10 of the rocks around the Sword leftover. They will be turned in to a rocky mountain effect (I hope) where the heater is now, with the bottom layer covered in moss and then a 'blanket' from there to the centre ish of the tank; only the left hand corner will remain white gravel. The Moss will either be on a custom shaped piece of plastic (guid on UKAPS) or on slate. I think the slate and white gravel will blend nicely.
6) I think a slightly redder plant inbetween where the sponge filter is now and where the rocks will be will add some much needed colour other than green. I would like to be fairly tall, thin leaved but very bushy and dense. Hopefully it can tower over the cabomba. I'll try and find a picture of something that is similar to what I mean.

Hopefully that all makes sense. The Cabomba should arrive tomorrow so I'll add another pic once I have added it.

Any questions or suggestions, fire away!!

Ross,

Wow, probably won't be opting for that system then! There was link within that topic to another system for around £88 with everything including bubble counter etc. Hopefully opt for that.

Had a change of heart with the tank. Its more of a learning curve to growing plants. avoiding algae etc. ended up pulling the stones out and using cotton thread attached the moss to the stones.

The picture was taken on my phone again and consequently is quite poor and the perspective is the same as real life. Does the moss look to dense on the stones (dont want the it to rot); if you can see it that is?

Back