• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Mountainscape

You need a DSLR in your life, Peter. You won't look back.

Canon 400D or Nikon D40x are nice entry levels with good spec.

This way you're not limited by your camera, which is a nice feeling, especially with the levels you're attaining with your 'scapes and P&S shots.

Keep it up mate, you're leading the way...

zig said:
...have the fish move in the upper section of the tank so I may need to use different fish for that anyway as these guys do not venture there, ever, once the lights go on.

Not even when you feed them?

Perhaps you could use some of my female guppies with blue contact lenses as stand ins - mine will do anything for a pinch of food?! :wideyed:

Well, I am ready to do my rocky scape this week, Zig, but I`m not sure I`ll bother now :lol:

Think I`ll stick to sunken galleons and bubble walls where there is less competition to make me feel inadequate.

Dave.

Missed this tank, fantastic work

Not 100% if the path works IMO, looks a bit unnatural, i think filled in would have still given the look you were after and be a little more natural, but thats just my taste :D

George Farmer said:
You need a DSLR in your life, Peter. You won't look back.

Canon 400D or Nikon D40x are nice entry levels with good spec.

This way you're not limited by your camera, which is a nice feeling, especially with the levels you're attaining with your 'scapes and P&S shots.

Keep it up mate, you're leading the way...

You know it George

Just as I finally convince myself that I want a DSLR do I realise I have Missed the Canon cashback offer by a few days :mad:

rayi said:
Not even when you feed them?

Perhaps you could use some of my female guppies with blue contact lenses as stand ins - mine will do anything for a pinch of food?! :wideyed:

Not sure food floating around would do anything for the photos TBH but good idea anyway, thanks.

Jeremy said:
Awesome aquascape!

Fancy doing a feature on it for PFK?

Jeremy thanks for the offer and apologies for not getting back to you sooner, I spoke to George via pm today and he will fill you in on some details, Im sure, if thats ok. Thankyou.

George Farmer said:
Jeremy said:
Awesome aquascape!

Fancy doing a feature on it for PFK?

Yeah, it's about time PFK had some decent planted tanks in there... :D

They do, have you not seen Jeremys tank in the last issue! :lol:

Its the way I tell em, sorry George couldn't resist that one! easy.

Dave Spencer said:
Well, I am ready to do my rocky scape this week, Zig, but I`m not sure I`ll bother now :lol:

Think I`ll stick to sunken galleons and bubble walls where there is less competition to make me feel inadequate.

Dave.

Go for it Dave, plenty of ways to make a scape with rocks!!

james3200 said:
Missed this tank, fantastic work

Not 100% if the path works IMO, looks a bit unnatural, i think filled in would have still given the look you were after and be a little more natural, but thats just my taste :D

Thanks James, I sort of like the path although I have another mountainscape planned and it won't have a path. Originally there was a gap at the back of the scape where the path led and then things got changed around but the path stayed. I think it helps give it more depth to the scape because the eye leads up through the pathway past the rocks placed either side.

Thanks everyone ;)

Hey thanks guys, didn't realise this was out right now, better get down to the shop tomorrow and see what George is saying about me!

Loved the article and thought the scape is amazing. It definately decepts the eye into thinking the scape is much bigger than it really is.

Well done that man!

zig said:
Hey thanks guys, didn't realise this was out right now, better get down to the shop tomorrow and see what George is saying about me!

Hey Peter,

It's just come out to subscribers, so you may need to wait a few days for general release.

Might be worth subscribing now... There's a Great Planted Tank to be featured every month for the next 12 months. There's some crackers planned, including internationals.

A scape to aspire to. Great feature , well written. Looking forward to the rest in the planted series.I think we are all playing catch up to you zig. Top notch!

Thanks everyone, aye a subscription is what's needed alright, no sign of the magazine in the shops here yet , cant wait to see it.

I put this aquascape into a slightly bigger tank 65Wx36Hx45D and the difference is amazing, it really has a sense of scale now, I was really limited by the size of the other tank. I made some changes and hopefully improvements for mountainscape V2, I'd say it will be another 3-4 weeks before its fully grown out and finished, hopefully it will work out the way I want it, I still need to do some work on it here and there though but so far so good.

@Martin, there's a few on here already there Martin thanks for the kind words though.

Back