• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Would this be as good as a HMA fiter?

dkm

As per title was looking at one of these. Seems ideal to me but would it be as good as a HMA filter?

Evolution Aqua Detox Dechlorinator:

http://www.evolutionaqua.com/acatalog/D ... ators.html

ionic_pond_filter.jpg

Cheers

Dave

Cheers good point.

I have one and what I have been doing is:

Using HMA filter to fill my water change container
Circulate & Warm up over a couple of days before using
Then replace 50% of aquarium water by pumping from container through Evolution Aqua Detox Dechlorinator and into the aquarium.

I know its not necessary but gives me piece of mind. Can only improve water if anything.

Cheers

Dave

There speaks a Discus keeper surely?
Can't argue with that, there's always a chance as HMA cartridges get towards the end of their life Chlorine will make it through and that thing has an awful long life

An ex marine keeper. But...

there will be some discus eventually once everything is well settled. So you are bang on.

I always check my ammonia on the water change container anyway. Also use the HMA at half its maximum flow rate as well. Nothing wrong with being careful or should I say paranoid!

Belt and braces thats me.

Have to agree again.
Discus are great fish, they learn so quickly your daily routines and are comical with their predictability/personalities. All the best with them when you get them, they need a daily regime but they're worth it

Thanks Colinlp

Really looking forward to getting them.

Regards

Dave

Back