• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Cloudy water during new setup

Hi Tommy. Did the water get cloudy after filling the tank, or did it take a little while? It could either just be sediment in the water column, or it could be a bacterial bloom. Did you use a pre-matured filter or is everything new?

It was cloudy at first when adding the water but no more than normal. It has been set up since Friday and it still looks a bit cloudy now. It is a brand new Eheim Pro 3 canister filter.

I am running a Eheim Proffesional 3 series filter. The tank has now bee running for one week and it did get a little bit better. I done a 50% water change in the tank yesterday and it doesnt seemed to have cleared much. There is Purigen and filter wool running in the filter.

I think the problem may be an bacterial bloom. I have now taken out the Purigen and will cycle the tank without it and then I will add at a later stage to remove tannins.

Back