• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

What heater to use for a planted/iwugami tank?

grandb3rry

I know this kind of question might not be appropriate in Hardware & DIY section, but I really want to know what one uses for a planted tank as a heater. If you look at High-tech tanks, you never see a heater!! Where is it hidden?? Or is it there at all? :shifty:
I'm by no means an expect in this area as of yet, but this is one of the questions I'm facing in my High-tech tank!

By the way UKAPS.org absolutely rocks!! Love your help and friendliness guys!! Cheers! :thumbup: :clap:

Hey GrandBerry. Welcome to the society :)

You'll find two answers to this. the first is that people often remove equipment from their tanks before taking photos to help with the clean look. The second is many of us use external heaters. Specifically the Hydor ETH range. There is the ETH200 and ETH300 (200w and 300w).

Hope that helps :)

SteveUK said:

You'll find two answers to this. the first is that people often remove equipment from their tanks before taking photos to help with the clean look. The second is many of us use external heaters. Specifically the Hydor ETH range. There is the ETH200 and ETH300 (200w and 300w).

Thanks for your quick response. Where would I need to look for them? I just had a look on ebay and the green machine website it is not showing up. Any thoughts? :angelic:

Thanks!

Kind regards
Arthur

grandb3rry said:
SteveUK said:

Thanks for your quick response. Where would I need to look for them? I just had a look on ebay and the green machine website it is not showing up. Any thoughts? :angelic:

Thanks!

Kind regards
Arthur

Sorry found it! Thanks a million!

Back