• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Length of T5 bulbs.....

grandb3rry

I'm upgrading my T8 lighting on Fluval Roma 90. The length of the tank is 60 cm, existing T8 bulb is I think about 46cm long. Are there T5 bulbs of the same 46cm size? Or if not what sizes does T5 bulb come in? I seem to be unable to find any info on any website that sells them and it is a real pain.

I'm planning to buy this unit, to replace my T8's link: http://www.fish4aquatics.com/en-gb/dept_58.html
I cannot actually start cycling my tank without light upgrade as I'm planning keeping HC cuba plant.

Thanks for help!

George Farmer said:

grandb3rry said:
I've taken measure and if I want to upgrade my existing under-hood T8 lights, I have about 55cm in length, are there any shorter T5? Cheers

549mm is the shortist T5 lamp lampspec do, according to your size of 55cm (550mm) there is enough room for a 549mm tube, but you will have to change the lamp holders + ballast unit - mat be better to buy a ready built light fitting, remove the old T8 unit and fit the new unit.

Regards
Paul.

Flyfisherman said:
George Farmer said:

grandb3rry said:
I've taken measure and if I want to upgrade my existing under-hood T8 lights, I have about 55cm in length, are there any shorter T5? Cheers

549mm is the shortist T5 lamp lampspec do, according to your size of 55cm (550mm) there is enough room for a 549mm tube, but you will have to change the lamp holders + ballast unit - mat be better to buy a ready built light fitting, remove the old T8 unit and fit the new unit.

Regards
Paul.

well I presume it would be enough but 549mm is the length of the bulb itself not including lamp holders or am I wrong?
Sorry for my stupidity, I'm new to this and trying to upgrade without need of purchasing an expensive luminaire. I want to fit T5 bulbs with this ballast: http://www.fish4aquatics.com/en-gb/dept_58.html

Hope this gives you a picture!

Kind regards
Arthur

Back