• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Thoughts on my new scape and bad piccies :)

nry

First play, 60x30x30cm

Seiryu Stone
Manzanita wood
Black FloraBase (only added 5L for now)

Cheers to the guys from the PlantedBox for sorting all this for me!

With something like the current layout I'd stick a nice tall bushy crypt in the gap left by the larger/rear rocks. Not sure on anything else yet. The current composition is supposed to be left-heavy.

1.jpg

I know what you mean on the back left rock however I am thinking it will look right once the planting is in?

There is space for planting behind the rocks though there is also space to move them foward slightly.

Only my first arrangement too, so feel pretty happy it will all work with a little playing, cheers :)

Points taken and possibly addressed. Added the final 5L of FloraBase and did a little moving around:

2.jpg

3.jpg

I'd have to start cutting the wood to get that bit to not be vertical but now you mention it I do see what you mean :)

I think it looks fine! The side shot looks way better than the front shot for some reason. I think the front shot you don't get a sense depth? Might be the depth of the substrate at the front but not sure :)

Either way, it's looking great :)

There is a fair bit of substrate gradient but it probably needs increased a bit more. I prefer the angle shot too, lucky as this is the view we get of the tank from the sofa's in the living room, the tank can't be viewed straight on unless you get up and stand in front of it :)

Can't do anything with the tank for at least 2-3 weeks as we're waiting for a new living room carpet, I'll have to learn some patience!

It's good sometimes, as you can sit and look at it from the sofa, and then play about with the hardscape a bit more :lol: Just don't over egg the pudding! :) Knowing when to stop fiddling with a scape is something I'm trying to get to grips with.

Back