• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

ID native stem

samc

i went for a walk today and picked up a stem which was growing in a pool in the field over the road. it was growing half immersed and half emmersed. its quite a cool looking plant :D

can anyone ID it?

dsc03443h.jpg

dsc03448t.jpg

dsc03445j.jpg

dsc03446t.jpg

dsc03447u.jpg

saintly said:
Not sure what it is, but i've got a plant growing in my nano above the water line which is native :D

got any pics mark? im interested in what i could use from the uk :D

Graeme Edwards said:
Looks like wild water cress or something. Creeping jenny can look similar, but I would think it is too early for that yet.

Cheers.

it is a similar size to water cress actually. the stems are very tough and the leaves are thick

Looks very much like Brooklime - Veronica beccabunga. Has very attractive small blue flowers in the early summer.

John

I don't know the name, but I have that growing very well in my tank. Put it in about 3 weeks ago.

R

johnnypy said:
Looks very much like Brooklime - Veronica beccabunga. Has very attractive small blue flowers in the early summer.

John

that looks like the stuff. cheers :thumbup:

rufus_blackwell said:
I don't know the name, but I have that growing very well in my tank. Put it in about 3 weeks ago.

R

glad to hear it grows ok in the aquarium. i put some inmy shrimp tank and some in my emersed tank to see how they do

it will look cool onse flowered may go look for some in my local river

Back