• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

BAE'S 766 gallon 9ft tank

BAE

hi new to the forum hi by the way my names brad and im 15

well basically its 766 us gallons with sump and is 9ft x 3ft x 3ft and ill be using 3 150 w garden spotlamps so not plant bulbs im going to have some easy care plants that dont need any thing really (any suggestions and so far ive come up with this stock and still thinking of more to add the list

(tank is empty)

150 cardinal tetra
50 bleeding heart tetra
50 Columbian tetra
50 rummy nose tetra
20 angels
20 rainbows
50 cories
6 bn plecs
10 female bettas

this is when i filled it for the chiclids that i had in it before

PICT0602.jpg

PICT0603.jpg

yeah it wont have loads but hopefully a fare few easy care ones any suggestions

What a beast of a tank, probably best to avoid any low growing, carpet plants or you'll need a snorkel just to trim em!

well yeah i dont want 300 tetras swarm XD

id mainly like stem plants

sorry mate meant no offence just thought your name was very close to a guy who posted "cool" an several posts so he could sell stuff here. tank is huge thought mine was large at 7x2x2. are you going to use co2 could do with some some ideas. oh and good luck

Thats a real monster :thumbup: . Assuming you were a cichlid keeper you probably are new to the planted tanks. Stems would need more light, CO2 and whats most important pruning and other maintenance would take loads of time. You would want to go minimum maintenance long term 'low-tech' scape with the tank this size. In that case all Cryptocoryne, Fern, Anubias and moss species would be your choice. Try to read more on the topic :text-search: , it will save you huge amount of time plus provide greater satisfaction in the future. There are topics on low-tech tanks available here.

If you really like stems and 10 times or more faster growth set up a small tank (60l would be enough) with more lighting, CO2, plant substrate and fertilizer and have a play with it until you get the basics. That will also cost you a fraction of what you'd have to spend on the biggie.
Nicely scaped tank of this size is everyones dream here :wave:

Looking Good, For some savings on your fish, I would check on Aquarist Classifieds for local breeders. You never know you might be able to get some of the New Blue Morph Angels, They would look amazing in there.
For Plants for that size Tank I would recommend Last-Trading-Post on ebay, Does Excellent Deals on Bulk Plants.

yeah i mean stem plants as in some of these

http://pondplants.files.wordpress.com/2 ... _plant.jpg

also that was me with the cool thing im trying to get money in so was trying to get it faster and then post my threads so no ill post my threads and over time when i have 25 il post the sell then carry on on this forum

also i currently own a 3 gallon planted that im using liuid ferts and in the past had dDIY fire extinguisher co2 running on a 2foot tank and ran that for a few months then shut it down but stil no i dont want to go down that route

well im still gonna go but got no money so not yet but im making 3d backing currently

that sounds cool are you using foam im playing about with that at the moment future frog project research

no im using a sheet of 1 inch thick polystyrene then a bent loop of metal in pliers then heat it up and cave the lines to make it look like almost a cliff face the blow torch it abit to give it a rough rock face then painting it with stone colour pond paint looks great so far

This is such a beast! WOW! How much does a tank that size cost with sump?

If I had this itd be a jack dempsey heaven big roots and mass amounts of java fern.
Maybe you could get some pots fill with a flora base and plant into them.

What cichlid was you keeping!?

Back