• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My venture into my new 760 ltr planted tank .

Re: My venture into my new 760 ltr aquariam.

maybe don't know what you do for a living im a builder and my mates in engineering we cared it from my garage 20m or so.

I can safely say that a 7x2x2 is more than a handful for two average people :) , I nearly broke my back when there was 6 of us on a 8x3x2, you should aim for at least 4+ people.

i think the glass is thicker on 8x3. the guy i got my 7x2 from had replace it with an 8x3 and he said he need 3 people and those things you use to fit windows. but had no problem with the 7x2 but it wouldn't hurt to have some help i guess.

Have arranged three other people just in case .

Simon

let us know how you get on but 4 guys should have no problems

Got the sump tank today.
Spent all day cutting and fitting the baffels.
The main tank is also in the back of the van. The lads will be round at 10 in the morning.

DSCF0061Medium.jpg

This tank is 5ft x15inches square

Simon

Sump is now fitted in the cabinet. Cover glasses to make yet

DSCF0009Medium.jpg

Co2 system is nearly done . Got both my new needle valves.

DSCF0003Medium.jpg

Also made the bubble counter. This one is just so I can see all is working as and when it should be

DSCF0004Medium.jpg

These are going to be my Co2 Reactors once I have moded them a bit. They were fluid bed filters in there past life.

DSCF0007Medium-1.jpg

Really pissed at this bit. I specificity asked for the holes to be drilled in far enough so it would clear the structure on my stand. Went to the shop especially to sort that
Did they do that, did they hell as like.
Looks like I will have to alter the stand. I shall be venting my frustration in the shop tomorrow.
You can see how much they are out :thumbdown:

DSCF0011Medium-1.jpg

Simon

You might be able to play on the fact they have not made it to the dimensions they agreed to and get a small discount as had the stand been made out of metal, you would hove no option but refuse the tank.

I hope it will turn out ok. I have spent a lot of time thinking about what I want to achieve at the end.
A long way to go yet.
I need to make a plumbing shopping list next. Once the tanks in place I will have a measure up.
Also washed another bag of Akadama . Getting there slowly.

I need to get on with it as the weather is improving and my other hobby will be taking up a lot of my time.

DSCF2152Medium.jpg

Simon

that pond was amazing i love the idea with the hole and inside bit but that tank is also stunning

i bet that was a tough desision

cool plane! how big is that?

Is it the perspective or is it about 7 - 8 ft wingspan? Huge tank, huge plane..... There's a pattern here I can't quite put my finger on :lol:

Seriously, looking first class all round!

Colinlp said:
Is it the perspective or is it about 7 - 8 ft wingspan? Huge tank, huge plane..... There's a pattern here I can't quite put my finger on :lol:

Seriously, looking first class all round!

I've ALWAYS fancied a WW1 era RC plane like that - no wonder you're Always Broke! :thumbup:

The plane is a 1/3rd scale Sopwith pup. Its just over 108" wingspan. All up flying weight is 34lbs .Turns a 32" diameter propeller using a Petrol engine with a reduction drive system on it. There is a lot of hours and money tied up in that .
Yes I like big things. Much more interesting and Fun.
That is where the Name comes from. I use it on the RC aircraft Forums as well. My interests always keep me broke.

Tank is in place Pictures to follow. Looks big now its there. Its going to take a lot of plants. Just trying to sort out in my head the pipework now.

Simon

108"!! Where do you keep that? Does it have a hanger or something or does it come apart for transportation?

Colinlp said:
108"!! Where do you keep that? Does it have a hanger or something or does it come apart for transportation?

The wings come off and it gets stored along with about 20 other aircraft in my garage. The garage is converted into aircraft storage only. all dry lined ,heated and dehumidified.They have more comfort than I do.

Simon

Back