• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fluval Edge lighting

What don't you like about the halogen lighting it comes with? I've grown all sorts of plants successfully with the original lights.

gratts said:
What don't you like about the halogen lighting it comes with? I've grown all sorts of plants successfully with the original lights.

When I was looking at getting one seemed to be loads of people changing the lights saying plants would not grow. Did see one tank with the lights I get cheap on ebay and I liked the look of them.

Can I ask what plants have you got growing successfully. Going to place an order thinkiong of getting some Pogostemon Helferi, Blyxa japonica , Hemianthus micranthemoides and some moss.

P. Helferi, hair grass, an assortment of crypts and lilaeopsis all grew fine for me with the default lights.

I changed mine for these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/12x-MR11-12-SMD-L ... 20b0219862

i really like the look of them. Ive managed to grow a few plants under them but the H.C.Cuba is only really surviving and not really growing too well especially in the corners.

Mine too is shrimp tank for my CRS.

SNV35010.jpg

excuse the planting its a bit all over the place at the minute cos i had to move a lot of the plants around yesterday. hopefully ill get some time this week to rescape it all properly

I was thinking of trying HC but wont be using CO2 so will give it a miss

What heater are you using? need to order one just not sure what to get.

well i was using the marina 25w heater (same as the fluval edge heater but cheaper) but i havnt had it turned on for the last 3 weeks. keep meaning to take it out but that means either taking the plug off or removing all the filter from the back so ill probably just remove next time i give the impeller a clean.

Back