• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Andyh's - Dragon Beach

38 Days Old

Just a photo update, the tank has had a few prunes and cutbacks and apart from the branch on the right hasn't really changed at all. I have moved the branch as it was getting lost in the plants and i feel the extra height looks a little better. (cant take the credit Garuf did suggest something along these lines earlier in this journal). I am most pleased with the Blxya as its the first time i have had it and Its really come on leaps and bounds, as for the first few weeks didnt really look that healthy at all.

Dosing & Maintenance Strategy
Dosing every day; ADA Brighty Step 1, Brighty Special Lights, Brighty K and easy carbo
Once per week; ADA Green Gain
Lights; 2 x 24w 7hrs per day
Trying to do a min. of 2 water changes per week.
Filter Clean once every 6 weeks

So here is the tank on Day One:
web.jpg

And here it is this evening at 38 days:
web.jpg

As you can see there has been a huge transformation, that plants are all growing well. The Glosso on the front right has virtually created a complete carpet and with the advice form LondonDragon i have been keeping it well pruned.
web.jpg

The only thing i am little unsure with is the couple of stems of Hydrocotyle Vert, in the background standing tall, not sure whether to remove or not? o_O
web.jpg

The Fissidens is looking great, really growing well, plan on adding a few more shrimp from my holding tank at the weekend. As i could do with a few more to keep the Fissidens clean
web.jpg

Arty One! Just like this angle of my tank, like the way the plants are growing.
web.jpg

As always i have posted far to many pics, sorry for that :?
I am just putting together a HD video, i hope to have that up tomorrow :geek:

I am really starting to be happy with this scape, as its nearly reached what i hoped. Only now do i prefer it to my previous kitchen scape o_O (it did have me worried!)

Thanks for looking :thumbup:

Andyh

Amazing, once again love th fissidens. Your growth rules and your tank is so clean. Makes me want to destroy my scape and start again. Your your work!

CeeJay said:
Hi Andy.

Great job in such a short space of time :thumbup:
andyh said:
As always i have posted far to many pics, sorry for that
And you can never post too many pics :lol:

Hey chris, thanks for you comments. The growth is stunning considering its 38 days old it does look v mature, thanks UKAPS and ADA :geek:
flygja said:
Coming along nicely. The glosso has really broken up the split substrate thing.
Thanks, yes the divide issue has gone now does look a lot better.
Tonser said:
Its looking great Andy :D And excellent growth in 38 days - especially from the Fissidens :wideyed:
I agree with CeeJay - you can never post too many pics :D
Tony
Hi tony, cheers buddy! I love the Fissidens, i have found that once you get the CO2, lights and ferts right that the Fissidens grows really well.
Jase said:
Incredible growth Andy :wideyed:

It really looks great :clap: And no, more pics makes for a more interesting journal :thumbup:
Cheers Jase! Dont say that i will post more pics!
FishBeast said:
Amazing, once again love th fissidens. Your growth rules and your tank is so clean. Makes me want to destroy my scape and start again. Your your work!
Thanks Fishbeast, I try to keep the tank clean, as a clean tank does reduce algae ;) Two water changes a week helps :thumbup: I do need to get out more though :lol: :lol:

Video NOW WORKING ! :crazy:
So managed to throw a quick HD video togther, check this Dragon Beach HD Video. The tank is pearling quite well which it always does every day, but had just completed a water change so that probably helped.

For those of you with a keen eye can you see the shrimp baby appear under the Crystal red shrimp towards the end of the video. Its very small indeed only noticed the baby shrimp when editing the video.

Hello Andy

Very impressed by your tank!

I have a question regarding Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides and Hydrocotyle verticillata as I read you have both.

Does the H. sibthorpioides stay small as in your tank or will it grow tall like H. verticillata?

I have just ordered some H. verticillata, but I fear it may have been H. sibthorpioides I was really after!

Cheers
Pix

Pixels said:
Hello Andy

Very impressed by your tank!

I have a question regarding Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides and Hydrocotyle verticillata as I read you have both.

Does the H. sibthorpioides stay small as in your tank or will it grow tall like H. verticillata?

I have just ordered some H. verticillata, but I fear it may have been H. sibthorpioides I was really after!

Cheers
Pix

thanks pixels,
web.jpg

So in this pic on the left hand side we have both.

Under the bare branch is HS (growing low next to the rocks)
Above the branch standing tall is HV (tall stem roundish leaves towards the back)

The HS tends to grow lower level and creeps across the ground, it does throw out the occasional crazy runner, but if kept in check stays low.

The HV is defo taller, in my previous scape it reached 8-10inches and looked very impressive, albeit this was in what I class as an high energy scape. You can keep it low with pruning, and many members have had success with it. However left to its own devices it will look like the pic above

Andy

Thanks for the info. In hindsight I think I would have preferred HS, but my HV arrived today.

I will see how it grows and then there is always the next scape to try some HS.

Cheers
Pix

SteveUK said:
Awesome mate! :) I can't view the video at the moment, says I don't have permission?
Weird Video works fine for me? Weird, try it again dude!
ANYBODY ELSE ABLE TO VIEW THE VIDEO? o_O

Pixels said:
Andy

Thanks for the info. In hindsight I think I would have preferred HS, but my HV arrived today.

I will see how it grows and then there is always the next scape to try some HS.

Cheers
Pix

Hey give me shout if you want some HS from the my next prune be happy to send you some.

ANdyh

I logged into Vimeo, but still get:

"Sorry, you do not have permission to watch this private video."

Odd? Maybe I need to be on your friends list or something like that? Tried from 2 seperate PCs/operating systems ;)

SteveUK said:

Odd? Maybe I need to be on your friends list or something like that? Tried from 2 seperate PCs/operating systems ;)

I cant view the vid either :? tried PC and mac and both give me the same message as steve.......

By the way Andy this scape is looking great! maturing well and every bit as good as your featured scape - kitchen tank :thumbup: Just gutted I cant view the video......ODD!!

Ben

Tonser said:
Hey Andy

I had to log into my vimeo account to be able to see the vid - well worth it though ;) :D

Tony
Cheers Tony, think i have sorted it now!

Are you up to TGM next week? If so see you there!

SteveUK said:

Should work now try this link, http://vimeo.com/10419830

B7fec thanks for you comments! Video should work now!

somehow i had made the video private!

Back