• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

No competition for 1st quarter of 2010?

Yep, this is comp that not only tasks your planted skills but how you use your imagination as well.

A 10L puddle would get you on the comp, even if you had a 6 foot tank. :)

And if judges lists 10 to 20 plants, and we choose just 3 species, then it just makes it that little better, and harder to implement.

SteveUK said:
I like the look of the Clearseal 12x8x8 tanks. They're about 12 litres...

For this sort of thing a clearseal tank would be perfect. :)

I got a old Evo Terra sitting on the garden, good enough for this sort of setup. I also have a AquaOne 320, 32 Litters with 11W light, it may be a better option, just need to decide and see how 10L look on them.

Got the Evo for £20, and the Aquaone from my brother for £15, so leaving me with £10 minimum to play, more than enough I think.

So, should we look at a start for the 1st of April? Can a new topic be created on the competitions area?

SteveUK said:
I'm trying to figure out where I've seen the following tanks for sale cheap. I think it was somewhere like Shirley Aquatics, or something like that:

046798291329contentsB.jpg

http://tetra-fish.com/sites/tetrafish/c ... 76&cid=889

Might be perfect but I suspect they'd be difficult to get hold of :?

They sell these down the road in the range but Fish R Fun branded for under £20

Also if it is decided for A Riparium/Paludarium type scape, I have Planty of Emersed Terrestrail Moss Growing outside just for this type of use.

Mowze said:
So in theory you could go for a 200L tank full of emmersed pond plants but as long as it had a 10L puddle in the middle it would be all good? I like that idea! ;)

I really like the idea of emmersed native low budget but as I said not everybody has access to the plants in the wild and with pond season not really being in full swing and daylight hours relatively short it may be a little difficult to pull off yet especially if there is a time limit we have to work to.

You could indeed, but unless you have access to lots of wild plants that are included in the judges list filling it for less than £30 would be rather difficult ;)

I really like a lot of these ideas. My favourite would be for the judging panel to create an "inspiration board" of pictures (with no limit - could be tanks, landscape schemes, colour schemes - whatever they think will push the entrants creativity) and the judging be based around the tank best represneting one part of the inspiration board. I also like the idea of limiting cost for the competition entries, but would the judging panel be open to having an "unrestricted" section (with or without prizes)? It'd be really helpful for me as a newbie to have my ideas judged ina competitiove environment, and i'd enter just to get the feedback!
Can't wait!
Matt

Back