• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Andyh's - Dragon Beach

Great pictures, and even better Video. :thumbup:
Nice to see your crystal red shrimps settled in and reproducing.
Do you intend to keep the plant growth at its present level,or allow the growth to develop further.
Its hard to believe the tank has only been set up 38days, and i thought fissendens was a slow grower.

Nice one.

Hey give me shout if you want some HS from the my next prune be happy to send you some.
Thanks for the offer Andy, but I think I will stick with the HV for now, see how it works out.

Cheers
Pix

bogwood said:
Great pictures, and even better Video. :thumbup:
Nice to see your crystal red shrimps settled in and reproducing.
Do you intend to keep the plant growth at its present level,or allow the growth to develop further.
Its hard to believe the tank has only been set up 38days, and i thought fissendens was a slow grower.

Nice one.

Cheers ! Trying to keep the plants well pruned and shaped in this scape, as in my previous one it soon grew out!

My fissidens is growing very well, not that slow at all ;)

Looking forward to your new journal!

Pixels said:
Hey give me shout if you want some HS from the my next prune be happy to send you some.
Thanks for the offer Andy, but I think I will stick with the HV for now, see how it works out.

Cheers
Pix

No worries! :thumbup:

frothhelmet said:
I admire your scaping skills and green thumb. A real fascinating and beautiful aquascape!
Gerard
Gerard - thanks for your kind words, and nice to meet you the other week at TGM :wave:
LondonDragon said:
Impressive stuff Andy :) love the tank and great video also, love all the pearling :) congrats
Cheers Steve! I have to admit i love the tank when its pearls i could sit and watch it all night! :geek:
johnny70 said:
Stunning scape, awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!
tel said:
Second that on the pearling in the video Andy, that looked awesome. A really impressive scape, :thumbup:
cheers, tel
Cheers Tel, i will have to try and get a proper video of it when its pearling really well!
frothhelmet said:
Hey, BTW, if anyone is interested, those awesome neon gobies that Andyh has are available by mail order here.
http://shop.sweetknowleaquatics.co.uk/e ... %20Goby%22
Pretty cool!
Gerard - thats not far from where i work, looks like they have some cool stuff may have to pop down and have a look! I have never been there. o_O SteveUk do you know it?

Day 57

Not much to say just snapped a few quick pics tonight, nothing special. Just thought i would post them up for you guys to see. The Blxya is growing really well. I think i may move some bits round on the right side to allow the blxya to spread a little more, as i really like the way it looks.
web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Plan on doing fairly hefty maintenance in the next few days, so will give the Glosso a good prune back and also tackle the moss.

Thanks for looking :thumbup:
Andyh

Frodo, dont wear my ring, I know its very tempting...... :lol:

Wild Andy, wild like Mordor . Looks great mate.

If I was to be picky and its really is a minor detail, ( could be your camera ). The far right corner blends into a mass of plants and its hard to see the distinction. You've mentioned a prune is due, so Im sure it will bring it all back. But for the purpose of submitting pictures to comps in the future, its worth looking at making the plants be a little more individual and stand out next to their peers.
It will be difficult to get a digital image that will do your scape justice.

Good work brother! :thumbup:

xavi_pr said:
andyh that is a magnificent tank, :thumbup:
Graeme Edwards said:
Frodo, dont wear my ring, I know its very tempting...... :lol:
Wild Andy, wild like Mordor . Looks great mate.
If I was to be picky and its really is a minor detail, ( could be your camera ). The far right corner blends into a mass of plants and its hard to see the distinction. You've mentioned a prune is due, so Im sure it will bring it all back. But for the purpose of submitting pictures to comps in the future, its worth looking at making the plants be a little more individual and stand out next to their peers.
It will be difficult to get a digital image that will do your scape justice.
Good work brother! :thumbup:

Graeme, have you been sniffing at the easycarbo again? Frodo, Mordor and ring references or have you just watched the boxset! :lol: :lol:

I get what your saying, my problem is a like the natural/wild look and getting decent photos is always a challenge. I am going to try and get some separation between the plants and rocks. When taking a photo I do struggle with making a particular plant "jump out at you" if you know what i mean? Any tips Frodo?
SteveUK said:
Very nice Andy :) That fissidens is going mental!
Its growing very well, going to have to trim soon. :D
Krish's Bettas said:
Looking great Andy. Can you get some pictures of the gobies?
I will try for you! :thumbup:

Your journals are great Andy and a real inspiration. I have just about convinced my girlfriend to let me put my 60l in the kitcken like this by showing her this thread. So a thanks is in order haha.

cookie3985 said:
Your journals are great Andy and a real inspiration. I have just about convinced my girlfriend to let me put my 60l in the kitcken like this by showing her this thread. So a thanks is in order haha.

No worries dude! Good luck!

My tank will be coming out of the kitchen soon, as need to make room for all the baby-equipment as we are expecting a baby girl in July. The other good news is the fact that i will be setting up a tank in my lounge so watch this space........ :woot: :D :D :D :D :D :D :thumbup: :crazy:

So with the help from my Dad, i stripped down this tank tonight and moved all the stock, plants, equipment etc to my tank in the garage as a temporary home. Big task and catching all the shrimp was a real challenge! My new tank is due in a couple of weeks so check my new journal!

Back