• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Computers for tanks.

Always Broke

Is anyone using computers to measure water parameters.
What can Dedicated fish unites do.? do they actually work.

Simon

As per this thread, I'm planning on using my Neptune Aquacontroler that I have left over from my reef tank to control my new tank...

This measures temperature, pH and can measure redox, but I have never bought this probe... In the reef tank the temperature control was for the heaters and fans to cool the tank, but also shut off the lights if the temperature got too high... Apart from the hight of summer, this let me keep my tank temperature in within 0.2C of my target. The pH probe shut off the CO2 in my calcium reactor if the tank pH got too low...

Of course it was very handy to always have quick sight of temp and pH too... Lets you keep a good monitor...

For my planted tank I'll use it to control the temp within very narrow parameters again, and also control all my lights so I have one clock to change... This particular unit lets you set the lighting to vary with the season, simulating the changing times of sunrise and sunset... I'll also use the pH to control the CO2 if I go down this route...

This, plus having a real time readout of temp and pH is the main reason I'm going to use ut... But not sure I would buy one if it wasn't already sat in a box in the shed...

Back