• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Help!! Jewel Trigon 190 Corner Tank Inspiration needed.

REDSTEVEO

Well I know its been ages since I last posted anything on here but... I've been busy. Been living in a rented house for the last 12 months so the tank has been as good as empty. Water, filter a few plants, nothing special. Bought a house in September last year, totally gutted it and been mega busy renovating it. Now its sorted, its time to redo my tank. The tank is empty now and ready to re-scape it. Sooooooo....this is my problem, I have absolutely no idea what to do this time around. Those of you who have seen any of my previous journals will know that I am not usually short of ideas. But this time around I am inspiration-less. :? I need help please on any ideas or great suggestions on what to go for this time around. This is usually the fun bit, I honestly have no idea on scheme, plants, layout, structure, anything.

My wife is off to Germany for 1 week in Easter, so I have got all the time I need to mess about with it. I am going to visit Jim and Mark at The Green Machine this Thursday to buy whatever I need, so go gentle on my credit card guys. :shifty:

I am thinking of going down the whole ADA route in terms of substrate etc. Power sand the lot....but I still have no idea on my planting choice.

So I would be really grateful to hear from anyone with experience on how to get the best out of a Jewel Trigon 190 corner tank. Pictures, links, ideas, suggestions everything welcome.

Thank you all in anticipation and watch out for the journal coming soon. :thumbup:

Cheers

Steve.

First off I'd recommend going on Saturday as you'll be able to meet some other UKAPS folks. Secondly I don't know what substrate you want, but TGM don't currently have ADA Aquasoil Amazonia powder or gravel in 9L bags (this is the favourite one).
For inspiration I'd recommend finding the thread on here called something like where do you get your inspiration from.

Thanks Lisa.

I might go on Thursday and Saturday because luckily for me it is only about 30 minutes away from where I live. I will give Mark and Jim a ring in the morning to see what the score is with the substrate situation from ADA.

In the meantime has anyone any idea where this thread is "where do you get your inspiration from?

Cheers.

Steve.

REDSTEVEO said:
"where do you get your inspiration from?

Hey Steve. Check this sticky post out:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5741

Some good links in there to various galleries etc. Some cracking stuff. Other than this, nature itself is a fantastic inspiration. The challenge is creating it with what hardscape and plants you can get your hands on.

I also search for things on Google image search. If I see something on TV that looks fantastic I'll try and find photos to inspire. Things like coast lines, mountains, rivers etc etc. To give you an example, this is my current windows desktop background:

01929_neidongwaterfall.jpg

(click for bigger image)

Back