• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

LFKC trip to The Green Machine

I spent a day cleaning out one of their plant holding tanks last year. Went up with John Starkey and Dan to buy some bits and spend the day chatting etc. Was the best "working" day I've had in a long time :)

SteveUK said:
I spent a day cleaning out one of their plant holding tanks last year. Went up with John Starkey and Dan to buy some bits and spend the day chatting etc. Was the best "working" day I've had in a long time :)

That sounds really nice. Brings back nice memories of mucking in at a local record shop as a teenager 8)

I think there was some mention of how do we get from the station to TGM. CeeJay told me that he walked it before and it only took 15min. After a 4+ hour train journey 15min of stretching the legs sounds like heaven :D

You could always entice the lot to break into a jog. After your 10k run a few weeks back I guess you are ready for your next one A1Matt..

I have an image in my head now of Steve cycling with me jogging alongside and everyone else waving as they drive past in a taxi :lol: :lol:

(My knees do not hurt anymore, but are still clicking occasionally from that 10k run, I guess that is the price I pay for doing zero training beforehand! ..and yes I will do another one at some point, you joining me? ;) )

a1Matt said:
I have an image in my head now of Steve cycling with me jogging alongside and everyone else waving as they drive past in a taxi :lol: :lol:

(My knees do not hurt anymore, but are still clicking occasionally from that 10k run, I guess that is the price I pay for doing zero training beforehand! ..and yes I will do another one at some point, you joining me? ;) )

LOL. I can imagine that and that smug look on Paulos face. :p

Hehe, shame I cannot make it this time round. But will make it up there sometime as I will be needing to drop my little brother off at Stoke Uni in the near future :)

Hey guys, I was thinking about coming up but its such a long way I'd fancy staying overnight somewhere nearby. Can anybody suggest anything? I'm quite happy to kip on someones floor. Sleeping on the floor of TGM would be awesome! 8)

SteveUK
LondonDragon
Tonser
a1Matt
AndyH
James Marshall
CeeJay
Ghostsword
Dave Spencer
Nelson
frothhelmet (LFKC)
Stu Worrall
Stu Gregory

Copied the list above from a few pages back so apologies if ive missed anyone. Me and my mate Stu will be up around 13:30 depending on when my plasterer finishes at our house. Stu G is on here but dont think hes posted yet. We both used to visit Alisons Aquarium when it was open and hes looking to get back into it so this will be his first visit to TGM.

Might be worth taking stickers so people can write their usernames on so we know whos who??

So what time you London Boys getting there? Just so i can plan what time to leave?
Looking forward to it now!

Got the name tags printed:

23804533.jpg

I will let people write their own name and nick or whatever they want if they even want the tag lol :p

Back