• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Saintly's 240L 'savannah dreaming' scape finished

Re: Saintly's 'savannah dreaming'

saintly said:
ferts are bottled EI, dosed liberally, no easycarbo.This is new ground, as i'm not going the full EI route.

Tank looks smart, and although I'm unsure of the leggy, spare piece of Manzi on the right, I'm sure it'll look great once the plants have grown :thumbup:

What do you mean 'not going the full EI route' ?

Love it! Fantastic as I expected, and will look even better once it fills out! :thumbup:

It seems I have my new favourite tank. :thumbup:

you just keep doing great tanks.how i hate you :lol: .
are you using a JBL lily outlet.

nelson said:
you just keep doing great tanks.how i hate you :lol: .

:lol: cheers bud

nelson said:
are you using a JBL lily outlet.

mate, i'm using a wonderful thing from aquadistri. the liilly is plastic but gives a great ripple even when quite low. i love it! better than my glass one ;)

peti44 said:

thanks my friend. I'm hoping all the crypts come through for me. :D

Jase said:
What do you mean 'not going the full EI route' ?

sorry mate, i didn't see this. :oops:

Half the normal dosing. my lighting is not as intense as usual. and is quite high above the tank. I just don't need the high amounts. The nano has made me open my eyes slightly. I'm using a bottled EI product which really effective.

mark

Fantastic looking scape Mark.
The plant layout looks great, look forward to seeing it in a few weeks, but with not the full EI and a higher light will that make it much of a slow grower?
Also a wee favour, I am interested to see how the flow works, water movement and the like, just for my own learning. So any chance of a couple of images showing this at all please.
cheers, tel

cheers tel. i'll put a vid together at some point. theres a few clips from planting too.

saintly said:
Half the normal dosing. my lighting is not as intense as usual. and is quite high above the tank. I just don't need the high amounts. The nano has made me open my eyes slightly. I'm using a bottled EI product which really effective.

mark

Is that half your normal dosing or half the dosing as per NutriCalc for example? I'm back to square one with regards my ferts knowledge, I have another nano that I dose once a fortnight at best with one daily amount and the growth is great, but if I did that in my 125l or 28l then I'd have plants dying, algae everywhere :crazy:

For anyone that can bare the load times, here's a short vid of the flow and co2.

some clips you'll see co2 going from left to right, that's where the co2 has come in from the left, hit the left side and travels to the right. co2 is in every corner of the tank. I'm also running 1 x korolia, which i raise at night for O2.

The HC pearls the full length of the tank, not just the bits in the middle.

tel said:
I will bare it when I get home from work as i can only iPhone at the min. thanks by the way

sounds daft, but remember to press play. it wont play just by clicking the link :thumbup:

samc said:
thats very good flow around the tank mate. and i see what you mean about the co2. thats the nuts.

I'm never going back to glass diffuser...ever! :lol:

Back