• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm nature scape v2

saintly said:
samc said:
good thinking james. do you think the trimmed ones will die off though? or grow algae

trim it to the deck. depends on how long you want the tank to last. IMO, your not far off being done 8)

i would like this to be done in the next few weeks TBH. too many ideas :crazy:

i will be using it in my next scape and the crypts too. i love crypts now

so this has got a little overgrown :? due to neglection. although today i had some time off so gave it a good trim.
not had any ferts this week and i can tell. the lileopsis soon gathers algae.

although i had the HM growing emersed :D

post trim
dsc03484g.jpg

emersed HM
dsc03485s.jpg

cuttings
dsc03486p.jpg

after trim
dsc03487w.jpg

i did kinda like the overgrown look, but after it looks more under controll

:lol: AWESOME!

well Sam! no regrets with the MH?.... ;)

I feel now, your in a position to do just about anything you like in aquascaping. The tell tale plant of ability for me is, the HM. A stem, of course, but not the easiest to make look good. This is good quality growth!

pest control said:
cool, i like the way you've shaped the plant at the back.

cheers :D

thanks :D i am hoping the new shoots will grow and keep the shape

saintly said:
:lol: AWESOME!

well Sam! no regrets with the MH?.... ;)

I feel now, your in a position to do just about anything you like in aquascaping. The tell tale plant of ability for me is, the HM. A stem, of course, but not the easiest to make look good. This is good quality growth!

thanks very much mark. i really like the look of the HM under this light :D no regrets!

George Farmer said:
Nice work mate! A refreshing design indeed, and awesome growth! Congrats. :D

SteveUK said:
Flippin' ace Sam :) Love it!

JamesM said:
That's looking friggin' awesome Sam!

thanks dudes :thumbup:

This is looking great and has real potential! I think it would come on leaps and bounds if it had more of a foreground and transition between foreground and mid. :)

rawr said:
This is looking great and has real potential! I think it would come on leaps and bounds if it had more of a foreground and transition between foreground and mid. :)

this is true, but for most of us on UKAPS, we all struggle to get the 'transitions' right. purely because we don't scape enough to learn the lesson.

Actually, liliaeopsis doesnt lend it's self to a good 'transition' just look at amano tanks which use it. it looks identical to sams tank. In fact i was going to say yesterday but didn't, this is so damn amano! :p

Sam is showing some great ability with plant growing, and the scaping part will come with time i reckon.

The healthiest tank on UKAPS at the moment! :thumbup:

rawr said:

thanks thomas :D i would have liked more foreground too. the crypts soon took over, which i didnt expect

saintly said:
rawr said:

this is true, but for most of us on UKAPS, we all struggle to get the 'transitions' right. purely because we don't scape enough to learn the lesson.

Actually, liliaeopsis doesnt lend it's self to a good 'transition' just look at amano tanks which use it. it looks identical to sams tank. In fact i was going to say yesterday but didn't, this is so damn amano! :p

Sam is showing some great ability with plant growing, and the scaping part will come with time i reckon.

The healthiest tank on UKAPS at the moment! :thumbup:

thanks mark :D

like you say we need more time to get things how we really want them. each tank we do we learn more than we expected. i feel confident with growing plants now, so i am looking foward to creating something i will feel 100% happy with. if that day ever comes :lol:

it has some algae problems in this tbh. on the first cut of the HM i didnt fert dose due to lazyness and it has allways had some BBA on which has bugged me for some time. also the liliaeopsis has some BBA on, mainly in the shaded areas o_O which was also down to being lazy with the dosing.

i think autumn blush was an inspiration to grow really heathly plants. in this tank i havent matched up. hopefully in the coming scapes i can come closer

looking great sam :D .i liked the overgrown look too.will grow back even better though.
well done mate.

cheers jase :thumbup:

i trim the crypts every week :crazy: i take about 10-15 of the biggest leaves or the ones with hole in ect. the ones at the back are at the top of the tank now as they have not been trimmed. i have noticed just lately they have started producing new plantlets :D

and yes in about 2-3 weeks a new scape shall be underway.

Back