• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

60cm nature scape v2

samc said:
cheers jase :thumbup:

i trim the crypts every week :crazy: i take about 10-15 of the biggest leaves or the ones with hole in ect. the ones at the back are at the top of the tank now as they have not been trimmed. i have noticed just lately they have started producing new plantlets :D

and yes in about 2-3 weeks a new scape shall be underway.

:lol: Mine grow fairly quickly too

If you're rescaping anyway, you could try trimming most of the leaves off the crypts in the middle, to reveal your hardscape again.

Also, how do you trim your lilaeopsis? Like grass? I tried that in my pico and it just stuck it's fingers up at me and died :lol:

i have not done a water change or dosing in this for a few weeks now and it has not really had much of an effect on it. today i forced myself to finally trim it again after putting it off for a week. i was suprised at how much HM i got out :wideyed:

lookind a bit rough on this one with the water marks and scabby pipes :lol: sorry for the reflections also :shh:
dsc03827g.jpg

some moss i found in the lakedistrict
dsc03831.jpg

HM growing emersed
dsc03829c.jpg

and the chunk i got out. these are all the 'good cuttings' or tops which would be ready for planting
dsc03832oi.jpg

saintly said:
samc said:
new scape on the way next week mate :D

awesome! your a skilful young man, so it should be exciting.

cheers mate.

i am not sure on what to do yet. i have got an awesome main-stone but its about 60cm
dsc03815c.jpg

i need to get i cut flat at the bottom which should'nt be a problem. the only problem i have is that i dont have any supporting stones. i may have an idea though ;)

samc said:
i have not done a water change or dosing in this for a few weeks now and it has not really had much of an effect on it. today i forced myself to finally trim it again after putting it off for a week. i was suprised at how much HM i got out :wideyed:

lookind a bit rough on this one with the water marks and scabby pipes :lol: sorry for the reflections also :shh:
dsc03827g.jpg

some moss i found in the lakedistrict
dsc03831.jpg

HM growing emersed
dsc03829c.jpg

and the chunk i got out. these are all the 'good cuttings' or tops which would be ready for planting
dsc03832oi.jpg

I have got some of that moss from lake district growing near me. Amazing stuff. And as for you planted tank mate, Your have the nack for growing! Ten points! :thumbup: Your a natural.

I'm growing more and more convinced of Metal halides wizard like properties, something about it just seems to work much better than flouro's, maybe it's that they don't filcker?

Looking forward to the next scape. As long as it's not an iwagumi. ;)

Garuf said:
I'm growing more and more convinced of Metal halides wizard like properties, something about it just seems to work much better than flouro's, maybe it's that they don't filcker?

Could it be? You know when you are in a room with a flickering light it gives you an headache? Hard to prove, but could something like flicker also affect plants? Or how they handle the light?

Well I imagine it would effectively reduce the duration of the light by half? I don't know, I don't think it's been studied, I tried to find info but there was nothing.

i am not sure on what to do yet. i have got an awesome main-stone but its about 60cm
dsc03815c.jpg

i need to get i cut flat at the bottom which should'nt be a problem. the only problem i have is that i dont have any supporting stones. i may have an idea though ;)

Schweet looking stone. :wideyed: Just break the stone into few pieces to get your supporting. :thumbup:

thanks guys and sorry for the late reply.

ashpitt said:
Schweet looking stone. :wideyed: Just break the stone into few pieces to get your supporting. :thumbup:

i have thought about it but i cant bring myself to do it. i might end up with a load of nothing :?

Garuf said:

Looking forward to the next scape. As long as it's not an iwagumi. ;)
#

i am very pleased with the halide. i am not sure why but it just gives me the plant health i allways wanted. i guess its the closest you will get to recreating the sun. maybe the plants prefer to have one strong source of light to grow to. there could be many reasons. i am just happy the algae dont like it as much :lol:

ghostsword said:
About the crypts, good tip about pruning, as I got some and would like to trim them a bit, so it is nice to see how others do it.
The moss looks really great. :)

About the crypts, good tip about pruning, as I got some and would like to trim them a bit, so it is nice to see how others do it.

i just trim the biggest leaves off to keep mine small. then new leaves should start to grow from the base. i am thinking that the bigger leaves shadow the smaller ones below it. so when trimmed they will grow better.

Back