• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

hydor external heater for small tank?

bumcrumb

hi all,
just a quick question, can a Hydor Eth 200w External Heater be used on a 10l aquarium?
its a small tank so the least equipment inside the tank the better.
the tank is 60cm long but only 14cm across (just think of a wall aquarium and you get the idea)
cheers all
chris 8)

The Wattage given on the heater just tells you how fast it will heat the aquarium :)

So yes it will work just fine :)

hi all,
when i turn the heater off it is around 17-18 degrees room temp but I'm looking at getting some Boraras micros x10 and 3 amano shrimp?
does the hydor external need to be placed vertical or any way it wants??
what heater(discrete as possible) can you guys recommend??
cheers :crazy:

This thread will be useful to you http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10021

I have a 15 litre nano with a Hydor ETH200 and its great at holding a constant temperature. Its hooked up vertical in the cabinet. I use an over-powered external as I've gone for glassware and opti-white so it minimises equipment in the tank and also the room is ice cold in winter.

If your fortunate to have a nice warm house then great, I'm sadly not (student house :(). I dont think bororas micros will be happy with a temp that low so your room may not be warm enough to not have a heater. Amano's would be fine at 17 - 18 degrees though

As for heater choice, it all depends on how many pennies you want to spend and also wether your bothered about having a heater in the tank for aesthetics.

hi
well its a very small tank and as you know the more equipment i put in there the less room and more ugly the tank will look.
i have a resun cy 20 external filter ATM but i have it at the back of my tank as the hose is small, i was wondering if a 200lph filter could be put below the tank with a longer hose so then i could also connect a hydor external heater upright then and hidden.
what you think???
cheers

I would really recommend the smallest ehiem classic filter, cant remember the name, they can be had cheap second hand, will run forever and do a healthy 400lph :)

You could get lucky and find one of the old thermofilters aswell :)

Back