• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

help with right plant for iguwami corner

bumcrumb

hi again guys
I'm a little stuck with the way my tank looks ATM,
i have just planted some hc (Wednesday) so that's going to ,fingers crossed, fill out.
in the corner where i have the lilaeopsis (left corner of tank) it seems a little low and flat.
what can i put there with the lilaeopsis to fill it out nicely and give it a little height.
the problem with this tank is it was a project to see what i could do with a slim width tank (15cm)
cheers guys!! :thumbup:

mytank3.jpg

mytank2.jpg

mytank1.jpg

sorry about the poor pic quality, using a phone until i get the camera from my bro lol
:crazy:

OMG, it's one of those picture frame tanks! Hmm considering the limited space you have back there, how about some regular hairgrass (Eleocharis Acicularis) to fill in that corner. BTW, why you have a black/white gravel combination?

lol
nooo, its a desktop version lol but its similar.
as for the gravel, i put in, i think its called, underworld aqua grit? and topped off with very fine black sand but i had a problem with the lilaeopsis so as i was moving and sorting the under layer started to come up.
after i planted the hc i have now re topped a few cm with the sand again and its gone lol.
i was thinking about the hair grass, would the two be ok to mix together?
cheers

the acicularis would smother the liiaeopsis in no time. bad combo really. take the latter out and plant with acicularis.

usually from front to back, these work...

HC,glosso
tenellus or blyxa around stone
aciularis inthe back.

riccia also works well with hairgrass sp.

nice stone arrangement BTW :thumbup:

cheers mate,
i cant find ANY seriyu rock around here and to find these 3 took me from november till now to get!!so i was lucky that they looked okish.
what about if i planted more lilaeopsis in the corner or should i not bother?

Back